Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been one of those who have not been impressed by him but the last few games I think he has shown much improvement. Thought he had a very good game today but along with Clichy he was part responsible for their first goal. He was alongside Clichy when Torres received the ball and should have doubled up on Torres and kept him out wide. Instead he just trots back towards goal leaving Clichy exposed one and one and he gets skinned and Torres was allowed an easy slide rule pass into the box.

i dont agree that he was responsible for the first goal. gael clichy was easily beaten by torres and is to blame. theres not much demichelis could do to stop the ball whipped in by torres.

bluethunder said:
i dont agree that he was responsible for the first goal. gael clichy was easily beaten by torres and is to blame. theres not much demichelis could do to stop the ball whipped in by torres.

Not saying he was wholly responsible as obviously Clichy was at fault but its part and parcel of the game that defenders cant win every tackle and watch it again and you will see Fernandinho just trot back towards the box away from Clichy leaving him one on one. If he'd have doubled up behind him Torres would have a far more difficult time of waltzing past two of them. Once he'd gone past Clichy it was game over and that's where the goal should have been stopped. Just something which we should be doing better and defending in numbers or keeping it tighter but it seems that our defending isn't something MP finds himself comfortable with.

The only player that gave Chelsea no respect. He and Torres were the best players on the pitch, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.