Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Provan summed him up on Sky Game of the Day last night.
"There's Fernandhino breaking that move up again. He's been everywhere today, though
I doubt he'll get many column inches tomorrow."

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
"There's Fernandhino breaking that move up again. He's been everywhere today, though

Yup: Fern made more tackles and interceptions than any of his team mates.

bluebobom said:
Is Yaya going to the African Nations Cup again? If so, I'm even gladder to have Fernandinho - will help fill the big man's shoes.
If Yaya goes...it could be garcia/Rodwell/Milner in place of Yaya with him..he will have more of Chance to to attack

A faster, more intelligent Gareth Barry which I didn't think was possible - the intelligence part, we all know Barry wears concrete boots!

OB1 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

He's at that stage where each performance seems a little better than the last one. Fuck knows how good he's going to look by the end of the season but I think it's safe to what was seen as "overpaying" will be seen as value for money by then!

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

He's at that stage where each performance seems a little better than the last one. Fuck knows how good he's going to look by the end of the season but I think it's safe to what was seen as "overpaying" will be seen as value for money by then!
The amazing part to me is how quickly he's developed an understanding not only with Yaya (and Garcia in the Chelsea game) but with the back line and the attacking midfielders. He's scary good.

taconinja said:
The amazing part to me is how quickly he's developed an understanding not only with Yaya (and Garcia in the Chelsea game) but with the back line and the attacking midfielders. He's scary good.

I totally agree ... in many respects he's adapted to our team quicker than even players like Yaya and Silva did.

Did I read correctly that he said somewhere he could've moved to Chelsea this summer but chose to come to us?

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:

I totally agree ... in many respects he's adapted to our team quicker than even players like Yaya and Silva did.

Did I read correctly that he said somewhere he could've moved to Chelsea this summer but chose to come to us?
I think I saw that as well. His former club desperately wanted to cash in on him and desired a bidding war.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Having not seen much of him prior to his arrival in East Manchester, my early impression was that, even allowing for the fact that he was clearly acclimatising, he was overpriced; now I am thinking that his fee will prove to have been about right.

OB1 said:
Having not seen much of him prior to his arrival in East Manchester, my early impression was that, even allowing for the fact that he was clearly acclimatising, he was overpriced; now I am thinking that his fee will prove to have been about right.

I think it speaks volumes that Txiki was prepared to pay that sort of money for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.