Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proelia said:
mammutly said:
mcfc2607 said:
I suspect it's only a matter of time before the posters slagging him off will admit they was wrong.

I suspect it will never happen because nobody was actually slagging him off.

Yes there was and you were one of them

On the contrary. I acknowledged he was a good player but questioned whether he was a superstar. That isn't slagging him off.

I think he's very good at what he does, but I'm not amazed that Paulinho keeps him out of the national team, as he is arguably the more complete player. That said, Fernandinho would be good addition to any squad and he is getting better as he becomes more used to the pace of the premiership football. In my opinion, he is not the complete article because he is not strong in possession, although he makes up for that to a large extent with quick and intelligent passing.

Overall a very good player and an asset to the squad.

mammutly said:
Proelia said:
mammutly said:
I suspect it will never happen because nobody was actually slagging him off.

On the contrary. I acknowledged he was a good player but questioned whether he was a superstar. That isn't slagging him off.

I think he's very good at what he does, but I'm not amazed that Paulinho keeps him out of the national team, as he is arguably the more complete player. That said, Fernandinho would be good addition to any squad and he is getting better as he becomes more used to the pace of the premiership football. In my opinion, he is not the complete article because he is not strong in possession, although he makes up for that to a large extent with quick and intelligent passing.

mammutly said:
From what I've seen of him in pre season, I'm thinking Jo.

Though obviously I hope I am wrong

I am sure you meant that as a compliment!!!!!!

chesterguy said:
mammutly said:
Proelia said:

mammutly said:

A large number of exclamation marks doesn't make your point any stronger. I questioned his ability at the beginning, but explicitly stated that I hoped early impressions were mistaken, which, to large extent, they have been.

some excellent performances from him over the last few games. I think his partnership and understanding with Toure is brilliant, they complement each other so well.

Still not sure how he justified a £30m price tag though, as he appears to be quite limited in what he can do (interceptions and passing are his best assets, but he doesn't make too many tackles and has been useless going forward so far). I'm sure that we will see him express himself more as time goes on, but for now I'm perfectly happy with him as he is, after all we don't seem to be struggling for goals up to now!

mansour's tow ropes said:
but he doesn't make too many tackles

Only Zabaleta of all the squad regulars makes more tackles per game. And only the creative trio (Silva, Nasri, Navas) and Aguero make more 'key' passes. So, Fernandinho is offering plenty on the defensive and attacking side, especially considering he has been instructed to play a deeper, more reserved role for City than his former box-to-box role at Shakhtar.

Fern and Silva were our best players yesterday both were outstanding. I know it was only Norwich but our Brazilian midfield dynamo is growing into his role next to Yaya very fast indeed. Forget about his price tag, he's a player we've needed since Barry's pace deserted him two seasons ago and he looks capable of playing in every single game of a very long season, he's that good.

mammutly said:
chesterguy said:
mammutly said:

mammutly said:

A large number of exclamation marks doesn't make your point any stronger. I questioned his ability at the beginning, but explicitly stated that I hoped early impressions were mistaken, which, to large extent, they have been.

I think it does. You started off comparing him to Jo ie meaning he was poor. You are now are stating that you think he is a good player so which is it?

mansour's tow ropes said:
some excellent performances from him over the last few games. I think his partnership and understanding with Toure is brilliant, they complement each other so well.

Still not sure how he justified a £30m price tag though, as he appears to be quite limited in what he can do (interceptions and passing are his best assets, but he doesn't make too many tackles and has been useless going forward so far). I'm sure that we will see him express himself more as time goes on, but for now I'm perfectly happy with him as he is, after all we don't seem to be struggling for goals up to now!
Well he deserves his place ahead of very good players in Milner and Rodwell so that in part justifies his fee (if anything can)

If you want to be critical of City, don't look at the midfield and forward line which are the best in the country by some distance. The defence is the weakness.

Our keeper went under the media microscope and we lost Kompany and Demichelis so basically the heart of our defence has been missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.