Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluethunder said:
fernandinho made his first assist today. :)

Fernandinho made a hell of a impact today. Great vision, incredible touch, his pace in the centre of the park is terrific. If he continues to play like that, the transfer fee will be an absolute steal.

We have some incredibly gifted players in the midfield this season. It's almost unrivaled.

Been impressed with him so far, can see his progression game by game i just hope he's holding back a bit because it is pre-season and we're playing friendlies because i'd hope in the league he would show a bit more strength and get stuck in a bit more when defending. That is unless the intention is for Yaya to primarily be the sitting deep playmaker type of the midfield duo with an occasional change throughout the game.

"I don't think tackling is a quality," he said. "At Liverpool I used to read the matchday programme and you'd read an interview with a lad from the youth team. They'd ask: age, heroes, strong points, etc. He'd reply: 'Shooting and tackling'. I can't get into my head that football development would educate tackling as a quality, something to learn, to teach, a characteristic of your play. How can that be a way of seeing the game? I just don't understand football in those terms. Tackling is a [last] resort and you will need it, but it isn't a quality to aspire to, a definition." -Xabi Alonso

Fernandinho, like the Busquets of the world is like this. People like to see a tough tackling midfielder, but these guys reading of the ball is exceptional so they're one step ahead, and don't have to do last ditch tackles.

The amount of interceptions Fernandinho had was unbelievable. He seems to intercept everything in his general area, and that says a lot about his footballing intelligence.

He's not a tough tackler, but he has great stamina and superiour pace to immediately put players under pressure and force them to pass away from the heart of the midfield.

Worth every penny.

Already a favourite of mine,i just wish we'd managed to poach him a couple of years back.

A travesty he isn't an automatic International choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.