Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
6one said:
It's irrelevant what he cost. Please stop saying "he's not a £30m player". It really makes no difference when discussing whether he is a good player or not.

I personally think that those who have taken a dislike to him have done so because he looks as though he hasn't gone into challenges like Milner or Barry would.

I think that's down to it being pre-season, given he had the most tackles per game of any player in last years Champions League.

He also anticipates and therefore intercepts rather than react, which is better.

The best thing so far about him is that he always looks to pass forwards. He is cool on the ball even when marked.

There was one occasion yesterday where Milner broke away, it was 3 v 3, he waited so long with the ball that he lost the chance and it became 6 v 3 in Bayern's favour. This is why for all Milner's grit, he will never really be good enough for a starting position in our first choice team to take on Europe's elite.

Fernandinho on the other hand, has the necessary skill added to his grit.

he tackles on his feet

andrewmswift said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Because they haven't seen him. "He can't be that good cause he's in Ukrainian league" and the like jsut don't get it. There are good players there and they proved it in the CL last year. I would urge people to take a look at his games vs Dortmund, Juve and Chelsea and you'll see his class and he made more than his share of tackles.

I've just watched him twice in two days, live.

He's not a 32 million player. Probably worth half that. More mobile than Barry but less tenacious. Better in the tackle than Rodwell but lest direct and powerful. Shadow of a player compared to Yaya.

Gelsons dad you're a moron I'm afraid and I suspect a rag aswell

He's ok but not much more.

load of shit

It's preseason. He's not fully fit, by his own admission. He's getting used to his role and his teamates. Again I would urge people to watch his CL performances, not 30mns of a pre-season friendly learning a new system.

bobbymanc20 said:
andrewmswift said:
Gelsons Dad said:
I've just watched him twice in two days, live.

He's not a 32 million player. Probably worth half that. More mobile than Barry but less tenacious. Better in the tackle than Rodwell but lest direct and powerful. Shadow of a player compared to Yaya.

Gelsons dad you're a moron I'm afraid and I suspect a rag aswell

He's ok but not much more.

load of shit

Why Always Ste said:
NipHolmes said:
The Flash said:
To be fair, I think he looks the bollocks.

So we may have paid a little over the odds? We paid £16m for Javi GoSlower.

The defence rests.

The way I see it is football is all opinion and price isn;t detremined by fairness but it's what the rights-owner/team wants for their asset.

If i go to buy a Ford Mondeo and there's 5 others the same then price matters. In football there is wages to factor in, willingness for player to come and how much the team values that player. The fact of matter is Shaktar didn't want to sell, they built a team around him and Willian and held us to ransom. We paid what we had to pay to get the player and that's all there is to it. 5 years a go we could be questioned but right now we can't because in football today if we don't pay someone else will, fact. Moura was opverpriced by 20mill easy, yet PSG paid it. Cavani is imho a £35-40m player and yet he sold for £55m. City, Chelsea and Real all said £40m tops apparently yet he went for more. Now one person can say they were robbed but another will say that's how it goes. You pay what you have to pay to get the player.

Fernandinho transfer is expensive by £5-10m imo but what's good is wages. Khedira or De Rossi for instance want at least £150k pw in wages whereas Fernandinho is on half of that (80k pw?) and that needs to be considered as much as the fee yet nobody does factor that.

The pundits who ridicule him and our other signings will have egg on their faces. This is no Sinclair, Garcia and Maicon set of signings. If United did what we have I'd be worried to be honest.

Good post.

Fernandinho looks good. Just remind yourselves Andy Carroll was sold for £35 Million.

Carroll was bought for minus 15 million.

Fernandinho will prove to be one of our best buys in recent seasons.

Him and Navas have been bought for roles in the team that were much needed. I'm sure both will be a big success.

what a load of shit; he is not a 34.8million pound player, there are plenty of better midfielders that we could have gone after with that kind of money. He is not better than Paulinho, who is younger and went for half the price. Modric went to madrid last season for the exact same price, Modric is far and away a better player and more representitve of what a 35 million pound player should be. We got ripped off by Shaktar because it appears we had no other real targets, and they knew it.

blightee said:
what a load of shit; he is not a 34.8million pound player, there are plenty of better midfielders that we could have gone after with that kind of money. He is not better than Paulinho, who is younger and went for half the price. Modric went to madrid last season for the exact same price, Modric is fair and away a better player and more representitve of what a 35 million pound player should be. We got ripped off by Shaktar because it appears we had no other real targets, and they knew it.

all opinion of course but i'd have dino over modric all day long. esp as we have sliva to pull the fancy strings modric would.

What about DDR? the reason we never got him is because Roma wanted 35 million pounds lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.