Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motm.

Won everything in midfield, covered every blade of grass, moved the ball quickly and intelligently.

A quality player, really glad to see him settling now.

ws01 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Tremendous again.

As above,we need to find him help,i don't think it will come from within the squad so we need to buy asap when the right quality becomes available - no more wasting millions on Stoke calibre signings

It's the one position we need to outlay what ever amount it takes. If another midfielder of Fern's quality or greater is the only significant signing we make in the next two windows then I'd be quite satisfied.

There's a reason he cost what he did..... guys like him are the difference between success and failure in Europe (and you could argue now the the diff between top 1-2 in the league and the rest). And every fucker is after one now, they're in bloody high demand with limited supply - take the Rags for example, they're in bloody desperate need of one and would have to outlay a minimum of 30 million to get one in order to make a much needed improvement to their squad.

Don't tell the Rags - let them keep Fellaini and Carrick!

Somebody said we need another like him - don't think there is one. Consummate player and athlete. Pass tackle shoot - no probs, ever. Strikes the perfect balance between attacking the ball and not getting given the run around and leaving space. Ditto with his passing, perfect balance between shifting us into attack, and nursing possession. Expensive, but worth every penny.

Thought he had a blinder tonight, stepped up to the plate when it mattered knowing Yaya was missing so he had to up his game.
I won't take motm away from Milner though because this wasn't a one off, every time we've played Bayern he has come up with the goods.

superb...

I just want to know where all those whiners and moaners are who said we "overpaid" for him and "he will be shit since the Ukrainian league is untested"....

I am glad there were some blues who fought for him at the start!

Fernan is going to be the key and most subtle difference in this and future season success...

SuperSilva said:
superb...

I just want to know where all those whiners and moaners are who said we "overpaid" for him and "he will be shit since the Ukrainian league is untested"....

I am glad there were some blues who fought for him at the start!

Fernan is going to be the key and most subtle difference in this and future season success...

I am not a moaner but will confess to thinking we had probably overpaid for him. Apart from the Chelsea video I had no idea what we were going to get good or bad.
At first I thought he looked a little rash in the challenge, playing very well now though I agree.

I was always a fan, but can now safely say after having seen enough that the lad is world class. And he'll only get better; his track record in each game is evidence for this.

Jumanji said:
I was always a fan, but can now safely say after having seen enough that the lad is world class. And he'll only get better; his track record in each game is evidence for this.

Likewise. I was a huge fan, but not sure whether he'd be an elite level midfielder rather than just an excellent one.

He is. There are some who might excel at a certain facet of the game more than Fernandinho, but very few who do it all as well. Vidal springs to mind as one who is better, because of all the goals he scored, but Fernandinho isn't far behind.

Great signing, he is the modern midfielder. Fast, always tenacious and pressing, good passing range. If we had another like him we'd have a greater chance of winning the CL because you need his intensity for 90 minutes in today's midfield battles. He stood among giants today and outperformed most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.