Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Jumanji said:
I was always a fan, but can now safely say after having seen enough that the lad is world class. And he'll only get better; his track record in each game is evidence for this.

Likewise. I was a huge fan, but not sure whether he'd be an elite level midfielder rather than just an excellent one.

He is. There are some who might excel as a certain facet of the game more than Fernandinho, but very few who do it all as well. Vidal springs to mind as one who is better, because of all the goals he scored, but Fernandinho isn't far behind.

Great signing, he is the modern midfielder. Fast, always tenacious and pressing, good passing range. If we had another like him we'd have a greater chance of winning the CL because you need his intensity for 90 minutes in today's midfield battles. He stood among giants today and outperformed most of them.
So good at everything, and so smart on the pitch too.

He looks for his teammates even before the ball comes to him, and starts attacks from defence quickly. That's the best part about him besides his athleticism.
Defensively, he also has a great innate sense of play development and will ghost in out of nowhere to cut out killer final balls or tackle. You won't get around Dinho if you're predictable. Love it.

Summerbuzz said:
Somebody said we need another like him - don't think there is one. Consummate player and athlete. Pass tackle shoot - no probs, ever. Strikes the perfect balance between attacking the ball and not getting given the run around and leaving space. Ditto with his passing, perfect balance between shifting us into attack, and nursing possession. Expensive, but worth every penny.

As far as prominent, highly visible players go you may be right. If they do, they're going to be at least 35mill+ these days.

This is where good scouting comes in and/or junior development comes in. It'd be brilliant if we could get a little diamond in the rough to come through for us. Who exactly was Gundogan before he moved to Dortmund? He certainly wasn't regarded as the WC midfielder he is today.

Given what exists at Barca I'm confident that in the coming years our midfield youth are going to come out as quality.

FantasyIreland said:
Controversial maybe..... but I would sacrifice Yaya if we could recruit another in the mould of Fernandinho.
I would probably agree, if Yaya wasn't so lazy and had an engine like Fernandinho he'd be up there with the best on the planet. Unfortunately he's lazy as f##k.

FantasyIreland said:
Controversial maybe..... but I would sacrifice Yaya if we could recruit another in the mould of Fernandinho.

Yaya has a time and a place. He's a great player and could be argued as being world class if he isn't considered as such already.

The top teams in Europe have quality depth, so I don't see any reason why we couldn't bring in another Fern and keep Yaya. Garcia should make way for a new signing.

It's evident that in games like tonight's, Yaya shouldn't be playing though. Horses for courses, pragmatism will win out in the end.

Great player and cracking game tonight. We're not seeing the best of him in the league as he's being stifled by having to do the work of two players. Here's a vote for a new midfield signing (ie a better Garcia) in Jan to work alongside him. For now I'd put Silva there.

I think Yaya would have been fine tonight since Bayern didn't really have a holding midfielder and their pressing wasn't great. Yaya definitely is still a HUGE part of our team for me, it's just certain environments when he can almost go from asset to liability. But in more games than not, he is an asset.

It'd be good if we had two really energetic, tenacious, pressing midfielders of the Fernandinho kind, but not necessarily at the expense of Yaya. There is definitely room for 3 first-class midfielders at this club with all the games we play. Fernandinho and Yaya are both overused.

LoveCity said:
I think Yaya would have been fine tonight since Bayern didn't really have a holding midfielder and their pressing wasn't great. Yaya definitely is still a HUGE part of our team for me, it's just certain environments when he can almost go from asset to liability. But in more games than not, he is an asset.

It'd be good if we had two really energetic, tenacious, pressing midfielders of the Fernandinho kind, but not necessarily at the expense of Yaya. There is definitely room for 3 first-class midfielders at this club with all the games we play. Fernandinho and Yaya are both overused.

I agree,i didn't mean get rid of him completely,just sacrifice his place in the team in the games that require it.

FantasyIreland said:

Fernandinho is the opposite of Toure in a lot of ways, 100% high tempo, very consistent performer, always doing the simple little things. Whereas Yaya drifts in and out of games, can do fuck all for an hour then win a game out of nothing.... they make a great partnership.

I've noticed Fernandinho getting better at breaking forward recently, he really can dribble past players with a ball at his feet. Its just that when Yaya is playing there often isn't the need to. If he doesn't go to the WC football is broken.

Im a fan of him if you can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.