Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah obviously judging players off the back of a couple of games is daft as I could name 50 off the bat who looked atrocious yet turned out to be fantastic a few months down the line.......with that said you do have to take into account the huge transfer fee's that are being paid and when they put in abject performances so soon into their City career(s) you do wonder whether that kind of thing will become a common occurrence.

Interesting that this heat map appears to show Fernandinho has spent more time over the halfway line than behind it so far this season. We basically aren't using a holding midfielder anymore, not a pure holding midfielder (De Jong, Garcia) anyway. That cost us against Cardiff when we really could have used the graft but is very adventurous and probably the right approach in games we are destined the dominate (like most home games). Be interested to see a heat map of Yaya, but even if he's behind the halfway line, there is no way he is a holding midfielder since he doesn't like to tackle.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/YSZ7w5B.jpg[/bigimg]

We control the ball so much in games that Fernandinho will naturally have to be in the opposition half for long periods. Whilst De JOng was effective in his defensive role he was often redundant going forward and simply passed the ball on sideways. For me someone in that role has to provide more in attack and Fernandinho will do this. He passes quickly and always looks forward whilst he is quick around the pitch to make tackles and intercept. This will be particularly crucial in games against tougher opposition and in europe.

Manchester_lalala said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
BMR said:
I agree with this, seen him play a good few times and is a rop class player.

Its really going to rile the haters on here when he finds his feet and destroys a few teams with Yaya but hey there is always Joe Hart to fall back on when they need someone else to hate and spout vile about :-)

Are you Scooby Doo in disguise?

Made me laugh, funny that!

Lmao!! Me too.

Sat here doing scooby foo impressions and shouting 'rop class'

supercity88 said:
We control the ball so much in games that Fernandinho will naturally have to be in the opposition half for long periods. Whilst De JOng was effective in his defensive role he was often redundant going forward and simply passed the ball on sideways. For me someone in that role has to provide more in attack and Fernandinho will do this. He passes quickly and always looks forward whilst he is quick around the pitch to make tackles and intercept. This will be particularly crucial in games against tougher opposition and in europe.

Basically you're saying he's a player like Yaya. So far we have not seen it though. Hopefully, we will tomorrow.

I do think your opinion of Nige is mistaken. He used to regularly turn defense into attack.

mammutly said:
supercity88 said:

Basically you're saying he's a player like Yaya. So far we have not seen it though. Hopefully, we will tomorrow.

I do think your opinion of Nige is mistaken. He used to regularly turn defense into attack.

nige was not a box to box midfielder. he was a holder.

fernandinho is on a completely different level. this guy is a genius. he has it all.

hes really lackadaisical with the ball, poor passing overall, if graham was more aware we would already be 1 down due to him losing possession. nearly got zaba booked too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.