Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
To me he's a slightly faster Barry. Not seen much dribbling from him but that'll come.
He is a slightly more technical Ramirez. It took Ramirez half a season to come thru. ANd I expect the same for Dihno. He is lightning quick, a tough tackler and a simple passer. This describes Ramirez. He will be good, but not great.

I thought he was pretty good today... Apart from the odd misplaced pass and strange tackles he was tidy and definitely looks like he'll add a bit of class to the team. Folk on here have such short memories, NDJ was guilty of too many side and back passes and now this lad is attacked for trying to play smart incisive football!

Jesus wept, the amount of people desperate for him to fail so they can tell us "I told you so!" is staggering. What is happening to our fan base?

daxman said:
He is a slightly more technical Ramirez. It took Ramirez half a season to come thru. ANd I expect the same for Dihno. He is lightning quick, a tough tackler and a simple passer. This describes Ramirez. He will be good, but not great.

If his sort of midfielder, the dynamic 'all-rounder', is specifically what we were looking for rather than a dogged holding midfielder, then we probably got one of the best available (a good midfielder is becoming hard to get as United have found out this summer). Vidal would have been the ultimate (he is bossing it again for Juve right now) but not available at any price really. Fernandinho will be bossing it after his settling in period I reckon, he's showing better immediate signs than even Yaya did (people forget Yaya, Silva, and others were fairly slow to settle).

LoveCity said:
Jesus wept, the amount of people desperate for him to fail so they can tell us "I told you so!" is staggering. What is happening to our fan base?

daxman said:

If his sort of midfielder, the dynamic 'all-rounder', is specifically what we were looking for rather than a dogged holding midfielder, then we probably got one of the best available (a good midfielder is becoming hard to get as United have found out this summer). Vidal would have been the ultimate (he is bossing it again for Juve right now) but not available at any price really. Fernandinho will be bossing it after his settling in period I reckon, he's showing better immediate signs than even Yaya did (people forget Yaya, Silva, and others were fairly slow to settle).

Luckily for you, Bluemoon isn't wholly representative of the fan base - just the reactionary ones.

I've seen him 3 times 4 if you include the Chelsea game and I don't see him as a 30 million pound midfielder when the player keeping him out of the brazil squad went for 17

If that's me willing him to fail then so be it

I think Fernan has been a great addition, good engine, tidy with the ball and he has shown glimpses of his attacking ability. Looks good, why the negativity ?

Benarbia said:
I've seen him 3 times 4 if you include the Chelsea game and I don't see him as a 30 million pound midfielder when the player keeping him out of the brazil squad went for 17

Agree.

He is no way near a bad player but the 30m price tag led me to believe he would be a superstar midfielder and I've yet to see that.

Benarbia said:

paulinho has yet to prove himself in europe. hence his £17 million price tag.

the guys who decide who gets in the brazil team are a mafia btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.