Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
No
goatinho said:
barry=fernandinho
You'll notice him most when he doesn't play, as we most often did with Barry.

I agree ... thought he was good last night. Much more mobile than anyone we've had previously playing that position (including Barry and De Jong). A better passer than both of them. Seem to be understanding the position he's being asked to play more and more. Like with everything else about last night though ... having Vinny back is what gives everyone the platform to play.

I know it was poor opposition last night but Fernandinho was exceptional at slowing down there counter-attacks, even though one was a very cynical foul. He was intelligent in his movement, protecting the back four when needed but as soon as he got chance to spring out he was quick to close the down ball and make tackles and his distribution was neat - all you can ask of a midfielder. The goals like Yaya scored are just a bonus from special players, as long as he's doing the basics the rest will come and until then that's why we have Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Navas etc....

He did well last night. I think with more games under his belt and a greater knowledge of how Yaya and the other players play around him the better he will be. I think come the big games he will be vital to us going forward. The game on Sunday will be good to see how we line out and what players we will select. I would go the same team again or Clichy coming in for Kolarov. I think there is a big game in Nasri needs to show what he can do as when Silva is fit he may well be on the bench.

The test for Fernandinho, as for the team as a whole, is against top level opposition. He has looked unconvincing in the prem so far and last night we were playing a championship level team.

If he puts in a good performance on Sunday, I'll be more inclined to believe he has some genuine class. By which I mean, he is capable of being one of the best DMs in the premiership, which is what should be expected given what he cost. So far, he has looked distinctly average against better teams than Pizen, but then so has the team as a whole.

Job done last night. But for me the jury's still out.

This guy is the perfect box-to-box midfielder. Him and Yaya will form a formidable partnership in centre midfield. Forget defensive midfield. These two can both play at either of the pitch. When Yaya goes forward, Fernandinho stays back and chokes any counter the opposition throws at us. When Fernandinho goes forward Yaya stays back to choke any counter.

De Jong, as much as we all loved him, couldn't attack let alone score. Fernandinho is any place on the pitch where we can now score from. Few more weeks and he'll be used to the physical nature of the English game and will be thriving.

He is Brazilian. We should never forget how much fight some of these guys can have.

avoidconfusion said:
Still dont see why we paid €40m for him

when tevez signed the media stated the fee was £47m , but this included the £20m signing on fee paid over the length of his contract , so fernandinho probably actually cost £20m plus other fees etc. The media and sky like to double our transfer fees , so when we play teams like viktoria plzen who cost £2m or wigan athletic who cost 5 pence , they can compare it against the team we fielded that cost £250m , its just another stick the rag media can beat us with , its getting quite tedious now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.