Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
mammutly said:
Holcombe bloo said:
Fernandinho superb tonight, as was most of the team, I'm feeling more confident for weekend now.

He was not superb.

People get blinded to reality by individual score lines. Good second half performance, but Fernandinho plays the simple pass every time. He never seems to make space for himself and doesn't seem to want the ball. His distribution is just not creative and in no way does he impose himself on the game.

The rags will be a much tougher test and although I agree that tonight's result should give the team confidence, we were not playing PL standard opposition. In the prem Fernandinho has looked far from convincing and, because I desperately want us to win the game, I hope Milner gets the start ahead of Fernandinho on Sunday.

Except he doesn't only make simple passes. The majority of a central midfielder's passes won't go far but Fernandinho tried 4 long balls/passes today of which 3 were accurate.

Funny you use the word 'blinded', I think some of you are so desperate to justify your early opinions of him that you're subconsciously willing him to play shit and seeing a bad performance even when it isn't bad.

I didn't say he had a bad game. He didn't. I think Fernandinho is decent player who in the right game will do a decent job for us - aka Garcia. What I don't get is people lauding him as some kind of super star when he clearly is not.

Did quite well. A lot of the best things he did was without the ball, that the average footy watcher would not notice.

Was exceptional in blocking the likely pass outlets.

Was intelligent in his anticipation and interception. Much like Barry, but was able to close down much quickly.

His ability to quickly pressure, even if the ball is not won afterwards, was a critical factor for our domination tonight as opposed to previous Champions League campaigns.

The best sides in this competition usually have a relatively mobile midfielder to help quickly snuff out attacks.

His passing was much like Barry's, neat and usually positive. Played a few nice balls tonight.

Dinho's improving game by game for me.

I'd love to have two Fernandninho's in the middle. It'd be great to have one of them hounding the man on the ball while the other closes down the pass to the best passing option. We realy need to get everyone thinking like that if we're going to try and press and squeeze up the pitch like Barca used to

BigOscar said:
I'd love to have two Fernandninho's in the middle. It'd be great to have one of them hounding the man on the ball while the other closes down the pass to the best passing option. We realy need to get everyone thinking like that if we're going to try and press and squeeze up the pitch like Barca used to

Gelson Fernandes is available.

mammutly said:
LoveCity said:
mammutly said:
He was not superb.

People get blinded to reality by individual score lines. Good second half performance, but Fernandinho plays the simple pass every time. He never seems to make space for himself and doesn't seem to want the ball. His distribution is just not creative and in no way does he impose himself on the game.

The rags will be a much tougher test and although I agree that tonight's result should give the team confidence, we were not playing PL standard opposition. In the prem Fernandinho has looked far from convincing and, because I desperately want us to win the game, I hope Milner gets the start ahead of Fernandinho on Sunday.

Except he doesn't only make simple passes. The majority of a central midfielder's passes won't go far but Fernandinho tried 4 long balls/passes today of which 3 were accurate.

Funny you use the word 'blinded', I think some of you are so desperate to justify your early opinions of him that you're subconsciously willing him to play shit and seeing a bad performance even when it isn't bad.

I didn't say he had a bad game. He didn't. I think Fernandinho is decent player who in the right game will do a decent job for us - aka Garcia. What I don't get is people lauding him as some kind of super star when he clearly is not.
What a joke so you judging him already? Remember silva after is first 4 games?

Thought he did a lot of running tonight and was great at interceptions and so fast. He may pick up some cards over the season but he seems to be settling in nicely.

Jumanji said:
Did quite well. A lot of the best things he did was without the ball, that the average footy watcher would not notice.

Was exceptional in blocking the likely pass outlets.

Was intelligent in his anticipation and interception. Much like Barry, but was able to close down much quickly.

His ability to quickly pressure, even if the ball is not won afterwards, was a critical factor for our domination tonight as opposed to previous Champions League campaigns.

The best sides in this competition usually have a relatively mobile midfielder to help quickly snuff out attacks.

His passing was much like Barry's, neat and usually positive. Played a few nice balls tonight.

Dinho's improving game by game for me.

Spot on jum

I think the 'average' football spectator you refer to is aka mammutly

Toure is great on the ball. Running with it and passing it. Nasri is the dribbler and creator. Fernandinho can not match their technique, but he doesn't have any weaknesses and is the type of midfielder that Dortmund and Bayern have introduced us to

If you like watching Navas play. Consider that without Fernandinho it would be very difficult for us to play him without dropping a forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.