Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the ball he isn't doing much. he is doing the holding job again. i like when he is doing this role because it allows toure to join the attack.

he hasn't given the ball away up when we've pushed high which has been his biggest problem so far; if he did utd would kill us on the counter.

Absolutely superb performance today from Fernandinho, continually winning the ball and starting attacks. Though it will go unsung, it will be very interesting to see his stats today; I suspect he broke up their play more than any other player on the pitch.

Think he needs to put some muscle on, couple of times he was bouncing off a United player and came off second best. His passing was solid though, he's working his way back up to the Newcastle match standard, where he was great, this was promising against one of our title rivals.

andrewmswift said:
anyone care to slag him today?

thought not.

They'll still find fault

What's more surprising is that not one of them could see he was bedding in and would naturally, when up to speed, move back and yaya would flourish..... 4 in 6 for yaya now (:

BibbyBlue85 said:
Incredible today. Growing game by game
Superb today. Everywhere tracking back, intercepting.

I was wondering when I saw the line up whether City would be able to handle Utd's midfield, but it was men against boys

Second most tackles (4)
Most interceptions (5)
83% passing success
Tied most key passes (3)

With him playing the holding role it has definitely allowed Yaya to play to his own strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.