Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Danamy said:
Now where's that poster that told me he can't play in the advanced role?
Did someone really say that? He revels in advanced positions!

This screening of the back four role he has now for us, is just another side he's adding to his game, and one that's he's doing quite well.

Exactly,the trouble is his best position is also Yaya's.......

The fact he is the more adaptable and mobile of the two is the reason he is dropping back and forcing the partnership to gel.

Could see form the start that the idea was to have him more further forward with Garcia holding. Didn't influence the game going forward quite as much as I might have hoped but starting a game after smashing the derby only a couple of days ago maybe I hoped for a little too much

That said, he played well and the ball over the top for the first was fucking delightful. I am confident that is a sign of things to come

Was saying to a mate after the game that you don't really notice him going about his business like you do other players, but he is very effective in what he does and his speed and athleticism is ideal for our pressing game, all over the the midfield. He made a lot of disruptive interceptions that knocked the rags off balance throughout the game.

Compilation vid of him vs the rags that popped up on newsnow earlier.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0apyLWaH0c[/youtube]

Only a few matches but, with all due respect to De Jong, Fernandinho seems a more complete player, a more composed De Jong, and I rate de Jong higly.

Still, early days and all but so far great.

unexpected item said:
Was saying to a mate after the game that you don't really notice him going about his business like you do other players, but he is very effective in what he does and his speed and athleticism is ideal for our pressing game, all over the the midfield. He made a lot of disruptive interceptions that knocked the rags off balance throughout the game.

WHAT A PLAYER. He is WORLD CLASS in his position, for sure. !!

Hinchcliffe at the far post said:
I think he's a good player but seems a little one footed. Anyone else notice this??
Personally don't see it as a problem, no more one footed than de Jong or Barry.

Made some great interceptions, he seems to react quicker than anyone around him. Some very intelligent passing too.

Zlatan said:
unexpected item said:

WHAT A PLAYER. He is WORLD CLASS in his position, for sure. !!

He did some quality stuff there.

This compilation doesn't show the vital interception he made from rooney 38 minutes in. If anyone's got a link to the full game or that part of the game I'd like another look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.