Fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of notes about what I've noticed from 'dinho since his arrival.

1. He and Yaya seem to have almost a little brother-big brother relationship. Love how he went over to Yaya after the penalty against Arsenal and gave him a couple of mock punches for not giving him the hat trick. They click very well together and there's no arguing about who gets to attack.

2. He seems to have a great attitude and lighthearted disposition. If anyone watched his postmatch reaction, he wasn't the most articulate (still getting the hang of English), but you could tell he was ecstatic about his goals and didn't feel at all cheated by Yaya.

3. His footballing IQ might possibly be the highest on the team, outside of Silva. He's one of those players that seems to have an almost intuitive understanding of how a game moves and flows. Constantly aware of his surroundings and reacts to the players around him very quickly (he almost never loses possession). His positioning is exceptional in this respect, and his high game intelligence explains why he is so extraordinary with tackling and interceptions, even with such a nimble frame.

4. He has settled in very well to the PL and seems to be happy here, but I would rather play almost anywhere else in Europe than be holed up in the Ukraine. Although it took a couple of games in the beginning to see his full value, he has come into his own recently.

Cant wait to see how he plays against a possession and passing side like Barcelona

You wonder how good he was in the 21-26 age bracket. I've seen him a few times over the years in European competitions, but it was only last season that I really noticed him when he was so good against Chelsea, Juve and Dortmund.

He's probably in his prime now, but if he was similar quality for the bulk of his career, it's a shame he has been playing in Ukraine for so much of his youth in football. A player of this quality could have played for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, anyone really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GUfD02od4I[/youtube]

Memphinho said:

1. He and Yaya seem to have almost a little brother-big brother relationship. Love how he went over to Yaya after the penalty against Arsenal and gave him a couple of mock punches for not giving him the hat trick. They click very well together and there's no arguing about who gets to attack.

2. He seems to have a great attitude and lighthearted disposition. If anyone watched his postmatch reaction, he wasn't the most articulate (still getting the hang of English), but you could tell he was ecstatic about his goals and didn't feel at all cheated by Yaya.

3. His footballing IQ might possibly be the highest on the team, outside of Silva. He's one of those players that seems to have an almost intuitive understanding of how a game moves and flows. Constantly aware of his surroundings and reacts to the players around him very quickly (he almost never loses possession). His positioning is exceptional in this respect, and his high game intelligence explains why he is so extraordinary with tackling and interceptions, even with such a nimble frame.

4. He has settled in very well to the PL and seems to be happy here, but I would rather play almost anywhere else in Europe than be holed up in the Ukraine. Although it took a couple of games in the beginning to see his full value, he has come into his own recently.

Cant wait to see how he plays against a possession and passing side like Barcelona

Good post,welcome.

Memphinho said:

An excellent summary of his career so far at City.

LoveCity said:
You wonder how good he was in the 21-26 age bracket. I've seen him a few times over the years in European competitions, but it was only last season that I really noticed him when he was so good against Chelsea, Juve and Dortmund.

He's probably in his prime now, but if he was similar quality for the bulk of his career, it's a shame he has been playing in Ukraine for so much of his youth in football. A player of this quality could have played for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, anyone really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GUfD02od4I[/youtube]
Great video, better player. Fernandinho is superb.

i have another possibility in the tune to Spandau ballet- Gold

Fernan-dinho -ho
he's the complete midfielderrr
heading, passing, tackiling
he's indestructibleeee
always believe in
Fernan-dinho-ho

I think while Arsenal are winging about tired legs and hard weeks and so on it has to be pointed out that this lad played 3 games in a week, in at least two of which he was outstanding, and looked fresher, faster and simply miles better than their two "media-darlings", who as a matter of fact had played only 68 minutes, in Wilshere's case, and a total of 90 minutes in Ramsey's case, in the two games against Everton and Napoli. Walcott had played 22 minutes. And who was man of the match? Poor old "tired, jaded" Arsenal!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Chippy_boy said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
De Jong shouldn't be said in the same breath as Fernandinho

Completely different players. De Jong was great at what he did.
Decent player but limited whereas Fernandinho is a truly world class all round midfielder.

Not mentioned in same breath,fuck me,I wish we had De Jong now,best in football at what he does,we would not lose at Cardiff,Villa and fucking Sunderland with him in the team

I must admit, I knew very little about him before he arrived. During his first few performances I was hoping he was going to show something special for his transfer fee, and although he didn't look a bad player, I couldn't see him making that much of an impact. Glad I bit my tongue.

A bit of patience and a few games later, his passing, awareness and reading of the game is there for us all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.