Fernandinho

He's had a few bad games recently but looked more like his usual self yesterday.

His reading of the game is phenomenal. The way he sees what is about to unfold and he just runs in and makes an interception...Great stuff!

I doubt there are any, as it's not a stat often talked about in football, but I'd love to see his interception stats against all other midfielders in Europe. I'd bet, per minutes played, he has more interceptions than any other player.

One of my favourite players at the club and one of the best all round midfielders in Europe for me.

I really want to see him and Yaya play in a three consisting of Fernando holding with Fernandinho and Yaya just in front, then Silva and/ or Navas up top with Aguero.

That's what I hope to see at Barca away.

sam-caddick said:
One of my favourite players at the club and one of the best all round midfielders in Europe for me.

I really want to see him and Yaya play in a three consisting of Fernando holding with Fernandinho and Yaya just in front, then Silva and/ or Navas up top with Aguero.

That's what I hope to see at Barca away.

You should probably wait to see what the result is at home first before you say that. I'd prefer to see that at the home. Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya with three of Silva/Navas/Nasri/Milner/Aguero at home. If we get battered you'd want to see Yaya, Fernandinho, Silva, Nasri, Bony, Aguero in a 4-4-2 in Barcelona!

The second being the lineup I think we will see in home games to the end of the season - and it's exciting.

KippaxCitizen said:
He's had a few bad games recently but looked more like his usual self yesterday.

His reading of the game is phenomenal. The way he sees what is about to unfold and he just runs in and makes an interception...Great stuff!

I doubt there are any, as it's not a stat often talked about in football, but I'd love to see his interception stats against all other midfielders in Europe. I'd bet, per minutes played, he has more interceptions than any other player.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/fernandinho/126/126/4958/0/p|la_liga/2014/2015/sergio_busquets/136/136/315/0/p|champions_league/2014/2015/nemanja_matic/142/142/9284/33/p|champions_league/2014/2015/xabi_alonso/142/142/301/99/p|champions_league/2014/2015/fernando/142/142/9362/37/p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matri ... /9362/37/p</a>#interceptions#90

Stacks up pretty well you have to pick the players on that site but it gives a reasonable idea. Surprisingly Fernando has way more interceptions per 90 mins.

KippaxCitizen said:

There are "all position" interception stats and Dinho is current ranked 85th in the Premier League with an average of 1.7 interceptions per game.

Clear leader at City is Clichy who has had 60+ interceptions this season at an average of 3.5 per game. This ranks him 4th in the Premier League behind Koscielny, Jedinak and, er, a surprising rag.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Clear leader at City is Clichy who has had 60+ interceptions this season at an average of 3.5 per game. This ranks him 4th in the Premier League behind Koscielny, Jedinak and, er, a surprising rag.

Clichy is superb at reading a pass, seems to position himself purposely further away from the right sided midfielder at times so as soon as he can nip in front and cut the ball off.

But in relation to Fernandinho I'm a big fan, has had dips in form but seems to be the case for a few of our players this season. But will get an honest performance out of him and such a comfortable player on the ball.

Back to his best tonight,worked his nads off......and certainly a major reason the score remained respectable.....all in spite of being harshly handicapped by a very early card and not receiving any help from the lamp post next to him.

FantasyIreland said:
Back to his best tonight,worked his nads off......and certainly a major reason the score remained respectable.....all in spite of being harshly handicapped by a very early card and not receiving any help from the lamp post next to him.

Spot on FI.He was up for the fight and very unlucky to get a card and he showed he had the balls for a fight,which is more than could be said than most of his mid fielder companions.

2nd best to Hart tonight, he gets so much stick for having bad games but most of the time it's when he is in a midfield 2 with yaya

Would love to see him have a run in midfield along side someone like Pogba

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.