Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAWK's reaction if we do end up signing him will be priceless.

Expect a fair few ''done with football now for a while me la, can't be dealing with the way things are in the game right now. Off to look signed at my signed picture of Rafa'' in amongst the usual bile. Morose twunts.

sam221985 said:
Rammyblues said:
I couldn't agree more.

I think on the whole we do though. And the little bit of shit we give out is mostly in retaliation for the bile and hatred we now get from several fanbases. Not the other way around. Might seem over-simplistic to reduce it to a 'chicken and egg' situation like that but that's the way I see it.

I remember most posts around the time when it started to dawn on us what the takeover really meant for us (l lurked here for a good year before signing up) and most were along the lines of ''let's not become like the rags'', ''lets show a bit of humility and show that money and success doesn't have to come with arrogance, to show the rags up even more for what they are'' etc etc - and the fact is that when the haters in other teams fanbases and the media got to work - that counted for nothing, it became clear that people were just determined to hate the new big players shaking up the so-called 'established order' and they weren't going to acknowledge any grace or humility from us anyway.

So I really think the little bit of arrogance you do see from our fans (and let's keep it in perspective, it aint a lot in any case) is out of retaliation, or a defence mechanism of sorts, or whatever.
I understand your points and agree with some of them and I'm sorry if you think I was having a dig at you,that wasn't my intention.
I have a few Rag match going mates who are good guys but even they have the typical arrogant attitude,you know the if they lost it's because they were shit and nothing to do with the other team playing well.But some of the fuck everyone else we can buy who we like comments and hoping other clubs go bankrupt isn't helpful to our image as a club that has great supporters who deserve a bit of success,because we bloody do.
My point in a nutshell is,why stoop to their level?

lust overlord said:
sam221985 said:
I think on the whole we do though. And the little bit of shit we give out is mostly in retaliation for the bile and hatred we now get from several fanbases. Not the other way around. Might seem over-simplistic to reduce it to a 'chicken and egg' situation like that but that's the way I see it.

I remember most posts around the time when it started to dawn on us what the takeover really meant for us (l lurked here for a good year before signing up) and most were along the lines of ''let's not become like the rags'', ''lets show a bit of humility and show that money and success doesn't have to come with arrogance, to show the rags up even more for what they are'' etc etc - and the fact is that when the haters in other teams fanbases and the media got to work - that counted for nothing, it became clear that people were just determined to hate the new big players shaking up the so-called 'established order' and they weren't going to acknowledge any grace or humility from us anyway.

So I really think the little bit of arrogance you do see from our fans (and let's keep it in perspective, it aint a lot in any case) is out of retaliation, or a defence mechanism of sorts, or whatever.
I understand your points and agree with some of them and I'm sorry if you think I was having a dig at you,that wasn't my intention.
I have a few Rag match going mates who are good guys but even they have the typical arrogant attitude,you know the if they lost it's because they were shit and nothing to do with the other team playing well.But some of the fuck everyone else we can buy who we like comments and hoping other clubs go bankrupt isn't helpful to our image as a club that has great supporters who deserve a bit of success,because we bloody do.

Heres the deal...when they stop I will..

lust overlord said:
sam221985 said:

I agree lusty.but unfortunately with most footy fans,as with our great British press .Lcd comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.