Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinhosthumb! said:
sam221985 said:
It's not the same at all. It's saying they deserve to fall on hard times. It's not saying we 'deserve' to take their place or anything, it's just a stand alone observation - I'd be saying it if we were still in the third tier, I'd be saying it if I supported a different club entirely.

And I'd say ''a lot of our rival clubs now despise us'' because of jealousy and resentment, and the fact we're now a threat, nothing more. Don't legitimise it by making out any of it is justified or based on genuine grievances or criticisms. Because from what I've seen that's just not the case. And I'd be fully prepared to admit it if it was by the way, I'm not stupidly biased or blindly partisan - but it just isn't.

100% Spot on ^^^
totally agree..
We are still the same fans at city when everybody liked us !! the only thing thats changed are the players..now we are hated..!!

Not hard to work out is it....

lust overlord said:
sam221985 said:
A decline couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase. When you have a contemptuous, sneering attitude of entitlement based on past glories, that you are among the elite and that is simply the natural order of things and how dare anyone challenge you - then you are asking for a fall, and you can't be surprised when people revel in it.

Second only to the rags in the disdain list for me. They might see themselves as a 'iconic' club in some way but they don't represent anything positive for me. Fuck them, fuck their 'history', fuck their cunty classless fanbase with pretensions of being somehow classy or unique, fuck everything their vile club professes (with lofty, bombastic hubris usually) to stand for. Just fuck 'em.

Enjoy being an irrelevance for the next long while Liverpool, you'll not be missed.
This type of post shows that some of our supporters are exactly the same,no wonder a lot of our rival clubs support now despise us.
I have to disagree with that aswell.

I know a few Liverpool fans and there nothing like the rags. Even in 2008 when we played at Anfield with Sven in charge and we were singing pro Sven songs, alot of the Home fans were applauding us.

But i do think Liverpool's time is past, they are domestically a nearly team, just not quite good enough to get over the final hurdle as the season before last proved.

Been a blue for getting on 40 years :0 but some of us seem to be getting as arrogant as the Rags and the scousers nowadays,it's one thing being excited and hopeful about signing the likes of Torres but I'd prefer us to show a bit of class in the way we behave on our way to the top.
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

Rammyblues said:
Been a blue for getting on 40 years :0 but some of us seem to be getting as arrogant as the Rags and the scousers nowadays,it's one thing being excited and hopeful about signing the likes of Torres but I'd prefer us to show a bit of class in the way we behave on our way to the top.
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

Rammyblues said:
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

ditto

Rammyblues said:
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

And how do we do that ?? we chat on our site about getting Torres & Silva yet on the dipper and scum sites its all .."who the fuck do shitty or Citeh think they are..fooking nomark club with no history buying above their station" and all the other shit that they post..

all clubs have good fans..we are just fighting back against the coonts..

Rammyblues said:
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

I think on the whole we do though. And the little bit of shit we give out is mostly in retaliation for the bile and hatred we now get from several fanbases. Not the other way around. Might seem over-simplistic to reduce it to a 'chicken and egg' situation like that but that's the way I see it.

I remember most posts around the time when it started to dawn on us what the takeover really meant for us (l lurked here for a good year before signing up) and most were along the lines of ''let's not become like the rags'', ''lets show a bit of humility and show that money and success doesn't have to come with arrogance, to show the rags up even more for what they are'' etc etc - and the fact is that when the haters in other teams fanbases and the media got to work - that counted for nothing, it became clear that people were just determined to hate the new big players shaking up the so-called 'established order' and they weren't going to acknowledge any grace or humility from us anyway.

So I really think the little bit of arrogance you do see from our fans (and let's keep it in perspective, it aint a lot in any case) is out of retaliation, or a defence mechanism of sorts, or whatever.

samharris said:
Rammyblues said:
I couldn't agree more.

And how do we do that ?? we chat on our site about getting Torres & Silva yet on the dipper and scum sites its all .."who the fuck do shitty or Citeh think they are..fooking nomark club with no history buying above their station" and all the other shit that they post..

all clubs have good fans..we are just fighting back against the coonts..

Absofuckinglutely this^^^^^^

BLOOMUEN said:
Rammyblues said:
I couldn't agree more.

Sorry lads but this lack of class argument puzzles me to say the least...

What have we as fans or the club done wrong?

In what way have any of us shown a lack of class as you like to put it?

The club is going about signing players, just as any other football club does, yes we are spending big, but it is no different to what the rags, scouse, Chelsea and many other top sides around Europe have done for years. Why did they do this? Because they had the most money, thats why.

Now its our turn. Us as fans are excited by all this, just as the fans of the clubs ive mentioned were. They rubbed it in our faces, thats football and now its being given back.

Lack of class you say....sorry but you try to make us out to be some sort of saints and thats bollox, we are football fans enjoying the banter.

CTID

Rammyblues said:
Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

Not for me I'm afraid. There are one or two United fans who have not taken great delight in taking the piss out of City at every possible opportunity. If the shoe is ever on the other foot, which I think it will be soon, I'll remember who they were and go easy on them. Everyone else is having it both barrels, and I don't give a toss if it comes across as arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.