Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
realsparky said:
lust overlord said:
I understand your points and agree with some of them and I'm sorry if you think I was having a dig at you,that wasn't my intention.
I have a few Rag match going mates who are good guys but even they have the typical arrogant attitude,you know the if they lost it's because they were shit and nothing to do with the other team playing well.But some of the fuck everyone else we can buy who we like comments and hoping other clubs go bankrupt isn't helpful to our image as a club that has great supporters who deserve a bit of success,because we bloody do.
My point in a nutshell is,why stoop to their level?

I agree lusty.but unfortunately with most footy fans,as with our great British press .Lcd comes into play.

LCD?

bellwhaft said:
Ducky_ said:
We had to take all their stick for years, now it's our turn.

Just as well Nelson Mandela didn't have that attitude.

That´s a good point tbh and we should take heed and learn to be humble when our time comes - the only thing I would say is for many of the right wing thinking white population in S.A the boot has been firmly on the other foot for the last 10 years

I know some take the piss, take it too far, but I admire certain things about the Scouse fans... they do have some sort of shared values w/r/t their own club. I reckon, for the most part, they're more supportive of their own players and management than we are, unlike arsenal and some others, I can't ever recall an instance where they booed their own team or player. When I've spoken to fans about their team, the worst I can get out of them is usually that this or that player is 'average'. Maybe I'm speaking to the wrong ones ;)

But they do talk about 'the liverpool way', and as much as it might be sentimental bullshit, we do know what they mean. they do have some core values as a club. maybe that comes from periods of success, maybe it's self-promoting, maybe it's mostly bullshit, but it would be nice for us to be able to talk about the city way, and genuinely feel proud. 'typical city' started off as a way to handle the ups and downs, mostly the downs. laughing in the face of adversity is great, but there can be a slightly negative edge to it. you only have to read the Colin Schindler stuff to understand that it can be ugly, self-indulgent, an excuse to mock ourselves and look for the bad in everything. that's why I always agreed with Cook when he said he wanted us to leave it, why disagreed with people who assumed he didn't understand what it meant. I think he knew exactly what it meant.

But arrogance, ehhh, dunno. I reckon that's always been there too. We are the club of Big Mal, after all. And bragging, running down everyone else, is pretty much universal in football. I think it's funny, very 'City', when it's done tongue in cheek. Start taking these comments seriously though, and it looks ugly. Not to mention, it can come back to bite you on the arse. If they finish above us this year (let's not forget they finished second a year or two ago), or get a good buyer. C'mon, who would want to see them fucked for life? I don't. I don't want the rags fucked either. In thirty years time I want us to say we beat the best English teams, at their peak, to get to the top. If the likes of Utd and Liverpool are handicapped by off the pitch stuff, they will always have that as an excuse, a way of belittling our achievements.

found this earlier today....how true,i dont know.....

10 Jul 2010 07:53:06
A mate of mine who works for Mancheter City (a very reliable source) says that James Milner will sign for City on Friday. Edin Dzeko will also sign, with Lazio's Aleksandar Kolarov. Fernando Torres will NOT be making a move to Manchester.

Ireland, Bellamy, Richards, Onouha, Garrido, SWP, Santa Cruz, Weiss, Robinho and De Jong (sadly) will be leaving.

Ricster said:
lust overlord said:
This type of post shows that some of our supporters are exactly the same,no wonder a lot of our rival clubs support now despise us.
I have to disagree with that aswell.

I know a few Liverpool fans and there nothing like the rags. Even in 2008 when we played at Anfield with Sven in charge and we were singing pro Sven songs, alot of the Home fans were applauding us.

But i do think Liverpool's time is past, they are domestically a nearly team, just not quite good enough to get over the final hurdle as the season before last proved.

Correct, also it's usually a good idea to actually win something first before gloating in there demise, as it stands all we really have at this current time, is a very bright future.

franksven said:
Ricster said:
I have to disagree with that aswell.

I know a few Liverpool fans and there nothing like the rags. Even in 2008 when we played at Anfield with Sven in charge and we were singing pro Sven songs, alot of the Home fans were applauding us.

But i do think Liverpool's time is past, they are domestically a nearly team, just not quite good enough to get over the final hurdle as the season before last proved.

Correct, also it's usually a good idea to actually win something first before gloating in there demise, as it stands all we really have at this current time, is a very bright future.

I know a few Liverpool fans and they are great. It seems to be these gloryhunting fuck's that follow them from all over, trawl the internet shitting their pants because the club is no longer going to win anything(for a good while).

mike channon´s windmill said:
bellwhaft said:
Just as well Nelson Mandela didn't have that attitude.

That´s a good point tbh and we should take heed and learn to be humble when our time comes - the only thing I would say is for many of the right wing thinking white population in S.A the boot has been firmly on the other foot for the last 10 years

Argh!....so its ok for a government to adopt racist policies as long as its white people that suffer?

I personally dont know of any white people over here that defend Apartheid in any way shape or form, in fact they deplore it, although i am not going to try and suggest that there is a small minority that think opposite. However, to try and suggest that Racist policies are no longer in play over here is misguided, however cleverly disguised they might be!

Racism is plain wrong on any front and to suggest it's ok because the boot is now on the other foot is ludicrous.

Anyway, this is an off topic subject and we really shouldnt be discussing it in here.

Fuck the rags and fuck the scouse i say ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.