Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearce_out said:
Looks like this one is happening lads, get your maggots out and start milking them dry. Even Torres couldn't afford a private Jet for his holiday and the only club that would put that on is us. He must be off to Abu dhabi or the USA.

complete and utter shite.
£4m a year at Anfield and can't afford £80-150k for a flight????
Out of your arse speak do you.

well we are selling robinho, RSC, caicedo, and jo, thats 4 strikers.

i would love if we got torres.

.............torres
balotelli.............tevez
............silva
.....berry........yaya

and adebayor would be a sub

I don't think the possible arrival of both Balotelli and Torres necessarily spells the end of Ade. Teves does not have to be an out and out striker and Torres will probably not be fit straight away. What better back up than Ade for those FA Cup and Carling Cup games?

If all these signings happen, I fully expect to see a strikeforce of Ade, Tevez, Mario, and Torres. Sell off the other guys, RSC, Bellamy, Jo etc. and keep those four. With all of the matches possible this season, 4 strikers is a must and that will allow Torres to take the full time he needs to be fully healthy and not rush back. Plus, as others have said, both Carlos and Mario are versatile in that they can play multiple positions that would allow Ade and Torres to both play and have Carlos or Mario take up a supporting role behind them, or Marion on a wing.

redmizzle said:
I don't think the possible arrival of both Balotelli and Torres necessarily spells the end of Ade. Teves does not have to be an out and out striker and Torres will probably not be fit straight away. What better back up than Ade for those FA Cup and Carling Cup games?

yes good point. for other clubs it would almost be a given that a big ticket striker would have to then leave with those arrivals but City can make it work. There will always be injuries, and the anticipation is we go deep in Europa cup so...

If Torres was to come, I'd love it (obviously), but his injuries are a cause for concern. Now, I'm not a doctor or fitness instructor so I wouldn't know how likely it is for him to get back on top form, but the trend I see so often in football is once they're injured then that's it. They seem to be plagued for the rest of their career with more increasingly serious injuries.

Having said that, With our facilities and plenty of cover (Balo/Ade/Tevez) could we give him enough time to get fully fit to the point where he is as fit as ever, without holding our breathe at the sight of every tackle?

If this is a possibility then we should hands down be at the front of the queue for this guy. If not I think we should think twice about spending the proposed £60 million on a coin flip.

I'm going to ring NHS Direct now and see what they have to say...

Very interesting there is actual quotes from Mancini. Anyone suspect Bridge and/or Ireland could be offered as part of a deal?

How much would they knock off the £60m?

And actually, do Liverpool really need Ireland with the signing of Joe Cole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.