Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project said:
Salford_Blue said:
Can someone explain why everyone creams themselves over Dzeko?
Good player im sure but performing in a second rate league and is worth £40m?!?
Come on!!!
These smaller clubs must be giggling their arses off when the big boys come knocking!!!

The entire German squad plays in that second rate league. Oh, Robben and Ribery too. Also the breeding ground of Kompany, De Jong and Boateng.

But then I am sure Dzeko (scorer of 5 CL goals last season & nominated for the Balon d'Or shortlist) will find it difficult against the defensive might of Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves and West Ham.
good post.

samharris said:
Andouble said:
he was rushed back a billion times with Liverpool and probably rushed back to be in the WC. In our team when his presence isn't 100% needed for West Brom at home we can rest him, he wouldn't be playing 2 times a week all year for 10 months.

On the other hand, imagine if we're down a goal with 10-15 mins left and we can throw in Tev, Ade, and Torres at the same time??

Down a goal indeed ?? shame on you ;)

meant to say tied 1-1 with 10-15 mins left of course :)

i8rags said:
Project said:
The entire German squad plays in that second rate league. Oh, Robben and Ribery too. Also the breeding ground of Kompany, De Jong and Boateng.

But then I am sure Dzeko (scorer of 5 CL goals last season & nominated for the Balon d'Or shortlist) will find it difficult against the defensive might of Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves and West Ham.
good post.
I'll second that. Cannot understand the arrogance of anyone who would say the German league is second rate! Mind you I bet Talkshite and SSN would agree with that viewpoint.

Maybe Torres may stay , he has said he is happy with hodgsons appointment and thinks of him as a very good manager . However , he did not comment on his future which is always a good sign no commitment to liverpool or anyone else , leaving his options open . Just thought i'd let you all knw its on ssn btw

Salford_Blue said:
Can someone explain why everyone creams themselves over Dzeko?
Good player im sure but performing in a second rate league and is worth £40m?!?
Come on!!!
These smaller clubs must be giggling their arses off when the big boys come knocking!!!

2nd rate league,this must be the one where b.munich got to the champs league final.

i would rather have dzeko than torres.

Those wanting Dzeko over Torres.......*sigh*, if he didn't play for Liverpool none of you in your right minds would be saying that

NewbBlue said:
I wanted Torres until seeing his post-surgery form at World Cup. Is that just rust, or is he crocked?

So he has a few bad games after coming back from injury and because of that you have doubts about him ? immense striker and has proved it over many years.

I wanted Torres until seeing his post-surgery form at World Cup. Is that just rust, or is he crocked?

Doesn't matter, his name is what the club wants to launch us globally if he plays well its a bonus he will also be the attraction for bigger names and he will almost certainly guarantee us CL football. Which is why i think we will get two strikers with either Ibra or Dzeko being the other.

NewbBlue said:

I would love the "name" Torres at city, but im afraid it would be buying the name rather than an effective player. Hes too injury prone. Much like if we had signed Terry, or when we signed Fowler.

Great names, but how many miles are we going to get out of them.

Would you spend big money on a porshe with a dodgy starter motor, with the hope that it might be ok once it gets going?!

Dzeko might not be the household brand that Torres is, but he would be a far better option given hes never injured, and has a great goals for games ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.