Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muzza said:
Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom,

1277657192_torres-fakes-foul.gif

Not only that, but he stayed down for about 2 minutes after that dive.

I think Ade is criminally underrated by many on here. He'll hit over 20 goals next season I'm sure.

willbeggers said:
I think Ade is criminally underrated by many on here. He'll hit over 20 goals next season I'm sure.

goals arent all. he's too poor first touch for not talk of the header. great scorer but poor team player

Matt Diablo said:
willbeggers said:
Just to let anyone know in case they didn't, RBS have frozen all of Liverpool's payments on the debts until December, meaning Liverpool have until December to complete a sale. Which is probably likely, considering BarCap have taken over and are running things, their owners have been frozen out. So if we do sign Torres for £60-70 million as is quoted by Liverpool, then this money will more than likely be available for re-investment. My primary worry is, we sign a 25 game a season striker, and they can go and rebuild their squad entirely. The question is, do you think Roy Hodgson is capable of dealing with £65 million? I don't, therefore I believe it to be worth the money. With Ade available for rotation with Torres, Tevez and what will likely be Dzeko, I believe we can get the best out of him, which on his day is the best striker in the world. Therefore, I would support the signing, I only hope Gary, Bobby and Darren can make this work. It's all about selling the City vision. I trust they can, so should all of you, after all they got Silva and Yaya on board.

how long B4 you think we'll get an idea if its a goer please mate?

I'll be honest with you, I don't think it will happen this summer, I think it's more about getting the wheels in motion and turning the players head. One season with our new recruits, a title challenge and possibly a trophy win? More recruitments next summer, if I were a betting man, I'd say next summer is when this transfer will happen. Along with a couple more that will turn the world, think about it, last summer we went after some big Premiership names, this summer we're going after some big names in Europe, next summer is when we land the World Class Superstar we all crave. It's about progression, and about Bobby finding that balance between all the ego's and big players in the squad. Then he can accomodate a truly world class player or two. That's more my take on it really.

LoveCity said:
They could sign Dzeko and 2-3 high quality players for 60-70 mil. Torres is not worth that much as a player but as a personality would probably make the club a lot of money in sales, deals, and global branding.

Still think we should sign Dzeko even if he isn't the superstar Torres and Ibra are yet. He and Tevez could be lethal together as Dzeko is more likely than Ade to stay in the centre and wait for the ball.
gotta agree with this, as for Torres.... even his touch has gone

Torres has lost his pace and touch since his knee problem but that will be regained over the break.

If the fee was anywhere near £60m i'd rather wait another 6 months and try again in the winter window when he's hopefully up to full fitness. If its world class strikers we have to seriously consider rooney as an option, the owner has shown he wants the best and hate him or hate him, rooney is one of the best strikers in the world.

Tevez and Rooney would be deadly as a fulltime starting pair.

*tin hat is on and a suit of armour, in the bombproof bunker*

Can someone explain why everyone creams themselves over Dzeko?
Good player im sure but performing in a second rate league and is worth £40m?!?
Come on!!!
These smaller clubs must be giggling their arses off when the big boys come knocking!!!

Jonnos left peg said:
Torres has lost his pace and touch since his knee problem but that will be regained over the break.

If the fee was anywhere near £60m i'd rather wait another 6 months and try again in the winter window when he's hopefully up to full fitness. If its world class strikers we have to seriously consider rooney as an option, the owner has shown he wants the best and hate him or hate him, rooney is one of the best strikers in the world.

Tevez and Rooney would be deadly as a fulltime starting pair.

*tin hat is on and a suit of armour, in the bombproof bunker*
Remember how mad the rags went when we signed Tévez, imagine if we got Rooney as well!

Classic.

Salford_Blue said:
Can someone explain why everyone creams themselves over Dzeko?
Good player im sure but performing in a second rate league and is worth £40m?!?
Come on!!!
These smaller clubs must be giggling their arses off when the big boys come knocking!!!
You mean that second rate league which houses the entire Germany side which tore England apart last week?

Boateng aside of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.