Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
Damocles said:
Don't believe a word of the NOTW or Sun stories concerning City. The Mail is your best bet for anything resembling the truth.

Besides, as has been stated on many occasions by ITKs on all sides of this debate, Chelsea are more concerned with their midfield and are happy with their attacking options. Unless Torres' value significantly drops, I can't see them being in for him. Also, what's the point of balancing the books by throwing out Cole (£100k) and Deco (£100k) to being in Benayoun (£80k) and Torres (£160k)?

but what about Roman going down to South Africa to have a talk with the boy? That doesn't seem like newspaper WUM'ery to me.

I have heard nothing about that.

Pam said:
Andouble said:
but what about Roman going down to South Africa to have a talk with the boy? That doesn't seem like newspaper WUM'ery to me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/7873782/Chelseas-Roman-Abramovich-heads-to-South-Africa-to-capture-50m-Fernando-Torres.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... orres.html</a>

Wouldn't matter if true as Del Bosque won't allow any more transfer discussions till after the World Cup, due to us signing Silva last week.

Andouble said:
Pam said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/7873782/Chelseas-Roman-Abramovich-heads-to-South-Africa-to-capture-50m-Fernando-Torres.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... orres.html</a>
That article contradicts it's self, surely if we are "expected" to land Dzeko we wouldn't be in for Torres.

More bullshit. He isn't gong to announce to the world that he is in South Africa tapping up a Liverpool player, ffs. That would go down well with the Dippers ...
not. Torres would have to be seen to make the first move, shirley. Abromoich is in South Africa on Russia's World Cup bid business. He was there in the ealier stages of the copetition as well. As usual, the Daily Telegraph is making it up.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:38 am --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
Andouble said:
That article contradicts it's self, surely if we are "expected" to land Dzeko we wouldn't be in for Torres.

Do you think Dzecko is Plan B? I get that impression. Oh, and Chelsea have a self imposed salary cap, which won't help their recruitment drive, if they are actually on a recruitment drive, which I doubt.

We'll see soon enough and buying Torres is a risk anyway.

Andouble said:
Damocles said:
Don't believe a word of the NOTW or Sun stories concerning City. The Mail is your best bet for anything resembling the truth.

Besides, as has been stated on many occasions by ITKs on all sides of this debate, Chelsea are more concerned with their midfield and are happy with their attacking options. Unless Torres' value significantly drops, I can't see them being in for him. Also, what's the point of balancing the books by throwing out Cole (£100k) and Deco (£100k) to being in Benayoun (£80k) and Torres (£160k)?

It is.

Firstly, the players are pretty sealed away from the rest of humanity during the World Cup, including agents and the like of. They can't just bob out for dinner with a mate, everything (including food consumed) is highly regulated and recorded.

Secondly, even Roman isn't stupid enough to tap up a player (or in the highly unlikely event he's been given permission) try to conclude a deal in front of every single sports journalist in the world.

Thirdly, Roman himself won't deal with this, just as the Sheikh won't be travelling down to Brum to meet Milner. That's why he has a highly paid team of transfer experts and agents, to deal with this sort of thing. He's there as a showpony for the Russian 2018 bid.

The newspapers are fantastic at putting out stories that seem plausible on first glance, but the more you think of it, the more it doesn't make any sense and turns out to be crap. It's like the headline "Tevez cost City £57m", which later in the article they clarified as transfer fee + wages.

Damocles said:
Ducky_ said:
Is that a joke? The Daily Fail are up there with the worst.

But have several reporters who are close friends with the top brass at City. I'd also direct you to how many exclusives we give them, for example, the Samuel/Hughes interview a few months back.

Sorry but the Daily Mail have always been shite. A few decent interviews does not make a good paper.

Have you seen their front page lately? One of their top stories is Victoria Beckham looking a bit tired.

Sport headlines:

"West Ham bid for Klose"

"City outbid United for Balotelli"

Yeah, top paper that.

Ducky_ said:
Damocles said:
But have several reporters who are close friends with the top brass at City. I'd also direct you to how many exclusives we give them, for example, the Samuel/Hughes interview a few months back.

Sorry but the Daily Mail have always been shite. A few decent interviews does not make a good paper.

Have you seen their front page lately? One of their top stories is Victoria Beckham looking a bit tired.

Sport headlines:

"West Ham bid for Klose"

"City outbid United for Balotelli"

Yeah, top paper that.

I don't read their front page, just the sports section. I'm not talking about their quality of journalism, I'm talking about their links within the club. They are easily the best for City information.

Damocles said:

I would agree with this, and further believe that if they make a marque signing (or a serious attempt at one) it'll be for Kaka, for a variety of reasons some you've mentioned Damo and a few others both on and off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.