Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fulhamroad22 said:
BTW I'm not debating that Sheikh's have higher spending power than us and could blow us out of the water if they chose to, I just don't think they will choose to go to crazy levels to get him i.e above £75 Million, but if they do fair enough. I'd rather buy Aguero and half the German midfield if it went above that!
Well he went to £100m or whatever it was to try to get Kaka! Glad we dodged that bullet!

mancboy123 said:
See but thats the problem in general the higher it goes the higher the value of all players go. Its like there is an article in the paper today saying that wenger is prepared to pay 20m for ozil, 20m wont get close to what it will cost for ozil or schweinsteiger for that matter, so if torres goes for 75m aguero then costs 60, dzeko 50 its all relative!

you'd get Ozil for £20m, maybe even less as he's on a free next summer.

Clubs arent stupid, they wont just keep upping the price, they'll be a price for Torres that we'll go to, then we'll walk.. I would suggest under £50m. If Chelsea match that then he'll probably go there for Chumps league etc. However that may well take up all their budget. Leaving us with the rest of the window to be unchallenged for our targets.

Where do these prices emanate from?

Do managers/directors play Football Manager in their spare time and become detached from reality?

£50m for Aguero, Dzeko, Ribery...are you have a friggin' laugh!!!

David Villa, arguably the finest striker in Europe (if not the world) at present goes for £35m (approximately), yet the above prices are quoted for them lot!!!

Podolski, linked with us at potentially £16m-£20m...really good deal and a left-footed striker (which in this day and age is a rarity!)

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment - the current chairman of Liverpool, Martin Broughton is not only a lifelong Chelsea supporter, but a personal friend of Roman's. He's also just sold him Benayoun at a knock down price...

I wonder if that relationship will effect the transfer...

BillyShears said:
Just playing devil's advocate for a moment - the current chairman of Liverpool, Martin Broughton is not only a lifelong Chelsea supporter, but a personal friend of Roman's. He's also just sold him Benayoun at a knock down price...

Billy, I can see it having a certain effect but at the end of the day if we offered say £10m more are the Dippers really in a position to turn that down ? Plus IF Torres said he only wanted to join us (big if I know), then it makes the Chelski move tricky again. Plenty of twists possible in this one me thinks

BillyShears said:

i would argue that there is a clear conflict of interest here

Broughton has been brought in by the bank to stabilise a sinking ship, he would find it very difficult to offer Torres at a knockdown price if bigger offers are on the table, it could in fact work in our favour as he would have to appear 'whiter than white' if if could have obtained more cash

I said we were getting warmer last night, and some nasty individual called me a RAG 'WUM'. Then my point was supported by Zin. I don't understand, I believe my posts on here regarding the snips of info I've heard, have been supported by the more respected people ITK in this community. Yet I'm treated with nothing but utter contempt. Fine, I'm not paid to tell anyone here anything, I won't in future.

squirtyflower said:
BillyShears said:

i would argue that there is a clear conflict of interest here

Broughton has been brought in by the bank to stabilise a sinking ship, he would find it very difficult to offer Torres at a knockdown price if bigger offers are on the table, it could in fact work in our favour as he would have to appear 'whiter than white' if if could have obtained more cash

In footballing terms, there's no such thing as "whiter than white" - and Broughton won't care one iota what the Liverpool supporters think. I'm not suggesting he'd accept a knock down offer from Chelsea, but he could give Roman access to the player...and probably already has.

It will be interesting to see what Torres' current market value is. If Kaka and Ronaldo went for 80 million plus last summer - then I don't see why Liverpool wouldn't demand a similar figure.

willbeggers said:
I said we were getting warmer last night, and some nasty individual called me a RAG 'WUM'. Then my point was supported by Zin. I don't understand, I believe my posts on here regarding the snips of info I've heard, have been supported by the more respected people ITK in this community. Yet I'm treated with nothing but utter contempt. Fine, I'm not paid to tell anyone here anything, I won't in future.

Oh no, not you again =(

willbeggers said:

That's a horrible story! I hope you reported them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.