Fernando Torres [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we,ll see ade at his best this season.....hopefully injury and suspension free....on his day 1 of the top 3 strikers in the world imo.......

It would take only one loss against a top 4 side where one of those guys don't get in the team for the press to run amok that there is chaos inside the City dressing room.

I am just probably too cautious we play a friendly game every three days from the end of the month to the start of the season, Out of the four strikers I mentioned the one I would want 100% fit and raring to go is Torres as of old. At the moment he doesn't look fit and up to now has had little rest since the last game played for Liverpool.

I cant see any problem playing Dzeko, Ade and Tevez at Spurs opening day of the season. As long as the players know they will be rotated to keep them fit and on form and it were properly explained to them why they weren't starting that boils down to how good is a Mancini as a man manager.

Damocles said:
Ducky_ said:
Sorry but the Daily Mail have always been shite. A few decent interviews does not make a good paper.

Have you seen their front page lately? One of their top stories is Victoria Beckham looking a bit tired.

Sport headlines:

"West Ham bid for Klose"

"City outbid United for Balotelli"

Yeah, top paper that.

I don't read their front page, just the sports section. I'm not talking about their quality of journalism, I'm talking about their links within the club. They are easily the best for City information.

The Daily Hate used to be a more accurate source than most re City news, but this hasn't been much in evidence lately.

Playing devils advocate a little, but here's my take on things.
Scenario:
City representatives have met Torres advisors a few weeks ago and sold them the 'project' along the lines of "Fernando is our number 1 target, we want to be the best in the world, we will sign world class players so we can challenge for many years."

They say wait until after the WC to discuss things further, we agree and back off, no doubt Torres would be made aware at least of the interest and maybe the whole project.

Torres now has an idea of what were about an goes to the WC.
In the meantime we sign Boateng, Silva and Toure.
Torres will be made aware of this at some point.

The press seeing no movement from the City camp, jump all over Chelsea being favourites to land him, based on Abramovich being in S.Africa and financially the only other club capable of paying the reported transfer fee.

My point is City are in the background, not because Chelsea are favourites but because we are honouring an agreement and backing it up with our action of 3 excellent signings.

We are acting with class, doing what we said we would i.e staying away leaving Torres to concentrate on the WC, meanwhile earning brownie points in the Torres household for doing exactly what we told his representatives we would..

THIS IS NOT ITK, AS I SAID ITS MY OWN OPINION ON HOW THINGS ARE WORKING

My point is City are in the background, not because Chelsea are favourites but because we are honouring an agreement and backing it up with our action of 3 excellent signings.

We are acting with class, doing what we said we would, earning brownie points in the Torres household.

I agree and taking it one stage further, if part of the deal is Ireland and Bridge because that is who Liverpool want, no point doing a deal with Everton or Villa if it means we lose Ireland to them. So in my view the other deals are put on the back burner until the dust settles on the Torres deal, it may also be that depending upon how much money we have left after signing those players will allow us to tie up the Dzeko, Luis and Kolorov deals as well.

Rammyblues said:

We are acting with class, doing what we said we would, earning brownie points in the Torres household.

I agree and taking it one stage further, if part of the deal is Ireland and Bridge because that is who Liverpool want, no point doing a deal with Everton or Villa if it means we lose Ireland to them. So in my view the other deals are put on the back burner until the dust settles on the Torres deal, it may also be that depending upon how much money we have left after signing those players will allow us to tie up the Dzeko, Luis and Kolorov deals as well.
Classic lmao!

why is Torres dropped tonight? might be something to do with all the speculation about him going to chelsea or us... the coach doesn't like it.

waspish said:
why is Torres dropped tonight? might be something to do with all the speculation about him going to chelsea or us... the coach doesn't like it.

Probably because he has been ineffective so far.

There was something in the press the other day about how even the Spanish are beginning to see that the team have played better without him.

Or he has been shit in the fisrt couple of games and looks unfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.