Fernando vs Garcia

Shaelumstash said:
I was one of Garcia's biggest critics, but from what I've seen so far, Fernando looks like a downgrade, what do other blues think?

For me he's one of those players who pundits love to say "does the ugly stuff" "keeps the team ticking along" and "you miss him when he's not there".

I don't think any of those things are actually true of Fernando. He's extremely slow, doesn't read the game very well, slows us down in possession as he constantly looks backwards or square, he never, ever, makes a movement to show feet and ask for the ball in midfield, which is so vital when playing in a 2, and far from miss him when he's not there, I'm actually bemused why he IS there!

How he gets in the team ahead of Fernandinho is one the the great mysteries of the ages! Fernando is certainly a downgrade on Fernandinho, Barry and De Jong, is he worse than Garcia? I think he just might be. At least Garcia was handsome and good in the air!

Go have a wank!

Funny how many people we've not seen post for a while have come out from under their rocks this week....

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Shaelumstash said:
de niro said:
huge upgrade, and this coming from a garcia fan.

I respect your opinion mate, perhaps you have seen something that I haven't. I thought Garcia did very well in the last 6 games last season, despite not being his biggest fan before that.

For me, particularly against West Ham I thought Fernando looked very laboured when we didn't have the ball. When we did, I thought he constantly went missing and never made any attempt to show feet to receive the ball. The vast majority of the time he did have the ball at his feet, he slowed us down.

Compare that to Fernandinho, who is always buzzing around the place trying to win the ball back quickly. Always moving and making runs so he can receive the ball, and always looking for the forward pass and to keep our tempo up when in possession. I really think they are poles apart in terms of quality.

In comparison with Garcia, I'd be interested to know what you think Fernando offers that Garcia doesn't? I'm not angling for an argument, I'm genuinely interested in people's view on Fernado's strengths as a player.

Garcia only took 16 months to settle, if you can call it that

Fernando is merely getting up to speed with the pace, no doubt in my mind that he will get there a hell of a lot sooner than Garcia did, also 5x more productive when he does.

IMO the persistence with playing 2 in the middle will eventually bare fruits, hes like 2 players when on his game, which will come

patience is undoubtedly the key and hanging in there!!!

Glad the grown ups can actually move the discussion on, I appreciate that De Niro and Zin.

I agree about the tenacity aspect, 2nd half against Newcastle he showed that in abundance.

Regarding the shout from Zin that he can be like 2 players when he's on his game, I've not seen that side to him yet, not saying it won't come.

The thing that concerns me the most is when we have the ball. He doesn't look like he wants the ball, and when he does get it he looks hesitant and very much safety first. He reminds me of De Jong in possession. Both players for me aren't suited to playing in a two because they're not good enough on the ball / don't make movement to receive it enough.

Both (from what I've seen so far) look far more suited to being the anchor in a 3. I thought that was why we bought him, but I can't recall us starting a game with the three of them, which I'm surprised about.

Also a lot to do with expectations. Garcia was poor so anything above a poor performance was considered MOTM worthy while Fernando is expected to be good.

Most of his games he has been played put of position.

-------CM---------CM

---------Fernando

is his position and he is a pure BEAST there. Much better than Garcia

------Fernando---CM----

is not his position. And alongside Yaya even moreso.

Unfortunately, Pellers has been doing the latter.

I like him and will become a huge player for us, but I wouldn't risk him playing tommorow. If he plays like he did v Spurs and West Ham the pace of Utd will kill us off within 20 mins

The OP has asked a fair question - why do the bluemoon bully boys jump on any thread that criticises in any way.

For what it's worth ........ Fernando and Mangala look average to me so far but let's judge after Xmas. And it's fair to say Fernando getting little support from yaya and mangala from whoever is at LB

blue ranger said:
The OP has asked a fair question - why do the bluemoon bully boys jump on any thread that criticises in any way.

No mate, if I could be arsed I'd post some clips from the games that Fernando has played for us. Make a mockery of these comments.

He's extremely slow, doesn't read the game very well, slows us down in possession as he constantly looks backwards or square, he never, ever, makes a movement to show feet and ask for the ball in midfield, which is so vital when playing in a 2, and far from miss him when he's not there, I'm actually bemused why he IS there!

Honestly if someone posted that and said "found this on rag cafe" it'd make more sense. Then again in the run up to the derby I shouldn't be surprised to find it on Bluemoon. Especially since we're having a crisis because we've not won in two weeks.

Shaelumstash said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Shaelumstash said:
I respect your opinion mate, perhaps you have seen something that I haven't. I thought Garcia did very well in the last 6 games last season, despite not being his biggest fan before that.

For me, particularly against West Ham I thought Fernando looked very laboured when we didn't have the ball. When we did, I thought he constantly went missing and never made any attempt to show feet to receive the ball. The vast majority of the time he did have the ball at his feet, he slowed us down.

Compare that to Fernandinho, who is always buzzing around the place trying to win the ball back quickly. Always moving and making runs so he can receive the ball, and always looking for the forward pass and to keep our tempo up when in possession. I really think they are poles apart in terms of quality.

In comparison with Garcia, I'd be interested to know what you think Fernando offers that Garcia doesn't? I'm not angling for an argument, I'm genuinely interested in people's view on Fernado's strengths as a player.

Garcia only took 16 months to settle, if you can call it that

Fernando is merely getting up to speed with the pace, no doubt in my mind that he will get there a hell of a lot sooner than Garcia did, also 5x more productive when he does.

IMO the persistence with playing 2 in the middle will eventually bare fruits, hes like 2 players when on his game, which will come

patience is undoubtedly the key and hanging in there!!!

Glad the grown ups can actually move the discussion on, I appreciate that De Niro and Zin.

I agree about the tenacity aspect, 2nd half against Newcastle he showed that in abundance.

Regarding the shout from Zin that he can be like 2 players when he's on his game, I've not seen that side to him yet, not saying it won't come.

The thing that concerns me the most is when we have the ball. He doesn't look like he wants the ball, and when he does get it he looks hesitant and very much safety first. He reminds me of De Jong in possession. Both players for me aren't suited to playing in a two because they're not good enough on the ball / don't make movement to receive it enough.

Both (from what I've seen so far) look far more suited to being the anchor in a 3. I thought that was why we bought him, but I can't recall us starting a game with the three of them, which I'm surprised about.

Someone get Pellegrini on the phone, he's sacked.

You lad, are the new boss, get to work with that genius in your head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.