Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of warning. He has a complex 3rd party ownership agreement with Porto only owning 56% of him - we will have to buy out the remaining 44% so it will not be a free transfer.

Wreckless Alec said:
waspish said:
"Informal" means he still can change his mind if another club comes in for him and give him an extra 25k a week.. So not 100% but looking really good he is going to be a city player

Exactly. "informal" or "gentleman's" agreements aren't worth the paper they are written on, particularly in football. I shall contain my satisfaction at this signing until it is official. We also need a backup plan given that everyone now knows our targets.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I also think a 'gentleman's agreement' can be useful. They tell you an awful lot about the character of the person and if someone goes back on their word then a club is lucky to have dodged a bullet.

Look at the difference between Hazard and Pellegrini. Hazard flaunted himself round like a prostitute before signing for Chelsea. He flirted with Us, United and put everything on Twitter like a soap opera. It doesn't matter what he says now the only reason he is at Chelsea is for the money and chances are he would ditch them at the chance of a better offer. Compare it to Pellegrini who had more lucrative offers in the summer than us, but he kept his word and joined us.

That's the measure of the two people, one is honest and you would trust your club with where as the other is looking after their own interests all the time.

BlueAnorak said:
Word of warning. He has a complex 3rd party ownership agreement with Porto only owning 56% of him - we will have to buy out the remaining 44% so it will not be a free transfer.

Word of warning..... That 44% becomes null and void when the contract expires, his signing on fee will incorporate agent percentage and we will retain the whole 100% of his registration

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BlueAnorak said:

Word of warning..... That 44% becomes null and void when the contract expires, his signing on fee will incorporate agent percentage and we will retain the whole 100% of his registration
The 56% does, but I wouldn't be too sure about the other 44% stake the middlemen have. This 44% could be a career length deal for all we know.

I'm no cynic said:
BlueAnorak said:

The 56% does, but I wouldn't be too sure about the other 44% stake the middlemen have. This 44% could be a career length deal for all we know.
Porto has 100% of Fernnado. just 56% of Mangala...

Agueroooooooo said:
I'm no cynic said:

Agreed those numbers are for Mangala. However I did read that Fernando has some third party complications, might just be papers extrapolating the Mangala situation.

Agueroooooooo said:
I'm no cynic said:

This :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.