Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that we sometimes lack the necessary negotiation skills to close some of the difficult deals, sometimes we hide behind some of the principles that have no value in the business world, and therefore, instead of paying the requested price by Porto in January, we may be forced to pay a greater value in the summer due to the player contract extension and presence of other competitors in the summer. This remind me of Hazard deal when we refused to pay a commission to the agent, and, unfortunately, we lost a player gifted surged so much now

forevermancity said:
If he has signed a new contract then move on. Class player but his heart wasn't set on city if that is the case

blue12 said:
What a strange story this is turning into , wants a move but signs a new deal, all a bit odd

You guys need to read between the lines. He signed an extension to his contract because Porto knew he would leave for naff all in the the summer. They have threatened to axe him from the squad if he doesn't sign an extension so they can get a fee for him, he signed because he can't afford to sit out 6 months if he wants to play in the WC.

I just hope there was a deal already done with Porto in January and City were already in on these developments. If not, the player can want a move all he wants, City aren't going to pay crazy money for him just because Porto want a bumper payday.

BlakeTheBlue said:
forevermancity said:
If he has signed a new contract then move on. Class player but his heart wasn't set on city if that is the case

blue12 said:
What a strange story this is turning into , wants a move but signs a new deal, all a bit odd

You guys need to read between the lines. He signed an extension to his contract because Porto knew he would leave for naff all in the the summer. They have threatened to axe him from the squad if he doesn't sign an extension so they can get a fee for him, he signed because he can't afford to sit out 6 months if he wants to play in the WC.

I just hope there was a deal already done with Porto in January and City were already in on these developments. If not, the player can want a move all he wants, City aren't going to pay crazy money for him just because Porto want a bumper payday.

That may be the case - it probably is from Fernando's point of view. However, it leaves Porto holding all the cards again. Had he signed only a one-year deal then the player could again threaten to leave for free in 12 months while still giving Porto the chance to sell him before he's technically free. However, he instead agreed a 3-year deal. There's absolutely nothing now to stop Porto from telling him "tough luck, you agreed a long-term deal so now we are going to refuse to sell you." By the time he's back in a position to threaten to leave on a free this whole story will be so far in the past that the situation will be totally different.

I would not be surprised to see him putting in a transfer request in the summer and yet still finding himself being held to his contract and not allowed to leave.

forevermancity said:

None of the players we have signed had their hearts set on City. Should we get rid of them ?

Would you sit on your arse for 6 months & possibly lose an opportunity to play in the World Cup, just so a club can save money on signing you ?

Would you not think that the club in question can pay a reasonable transfer fee for you in the summer, if they value you so highly as a player ?

Would you not prefer to think that the club you choose next is one that actually rates you highly rather than one who is just signing you because you are going cheap ?

If City are so keen on him, they will do the deal.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:00 am --<br /><br />
Falastur said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
forevermancity said:

blue12 said:

That may be the case - it probably is from Fernando's point of view. However, it leaves Porto holding all the cards again. Had he signed only a one-year deal then the player could again threaten to leave for free in 12 months while still giving Porto the chance to sell him before he's technically free. However, he instead agreed a 3-year deal. There's absolutely nothing now to stop Porto from telling him "tough luck, you agreed a long-term deal so now we are going to refuse to sell you." By the time he's back in a position to threaten to leave on a free this whole story will be so far in the past that the situation will be totally different.

I would not be surprised to see him putting in a transfer request in the summer and yet still finding himself being held to his contract and not allowed to leave.

There will probably be a release clause in the contract. Possibly quite low. It may even be agreed with City as part of a deal with Mangala, for all we know.

Yep. Porto have played a blinder. Fernando should have stuck to his guns. Can you imagine many players signing a three year contract because they were put under pressure from their club to stay when they didn't want to? I know it's happened before but it's rare.

Cobwebcat said:
Yep. Porto have played a blinder. Fernando should have stuck to his guns. Can you imagine many players signing a three year contract because they were put under pressure from their club to stay when they didn't want to? I know it's happened before but it's rare.

It happens all the time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/31/sergio-aguero-atletico-madrid-tottenham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -tottenham</a>

Neville Kneville said:
Cobwebcat said:

It happens all the time.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/31/sergio-aguero-atletico-madrid-tottenham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -tottenham</a>

That's not the same thing. Aguero wasn't actively seeking to leave and he didn't sign a new contract because Atletico told him "we're going to play you with the U-18s if you don't sign."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.