Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
Will be weird watching him and Fernandinho in the same team, very similar stature and look identical.

Porto fans seem to rate him
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fcporto.ws/o-desempenho-da-equipa-e-do-treinador/topico-sobre-fernando/8400/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fcporto.ws/o-desempenho-da-e ... ando/8400/</a>

Only watched him a few times and one of those was against Zenit earlier this season where he was the best player on the pitch. I think he will be huge upgrade on Garcia although tbf Javi has been sensational in the run in.

Wears the number 25 for Porto also, like our very own Ferny. Freaky!

SebastianBlue said:
CitizenTID said:
21m euros? We've been bent over on this one, we could have got him for £10m in Jan couldn't we?

If he hadn't renewed we could have gotten him for free. But Porto are exceptionally good at getting higher than value fees for players. It is the way they stay financially viable, actually. Imagine if we had their scouts.
It's not just about having their scouts as it is about not having any issues with work permits and allowing third party ownership, etc. A young player can move there, know he'll play and increase his value and recognition and he won't have to worry about having been a long-standing member of his national team to be able to even play in the country. They do have wonderful scouts, but they also have a system that allows those scouts to work unobstructed more or less.

If we had signed Fernando on a free, we would have ended up paying a notable signing-on fee instead of a transfer fee. "Free transfers" are rarely if ever free.

I'm not worried about the price tag, even though we could have got him cheaper in January.

First because we are not the same city, I have all the faith in the people who are doing the deal and calling the shots.

Second I do not believe what amounts/fees get reported in media nor do I believe the salaries reported.

Finally they said Ferna was expensive, look how important he turned out to be and how much he has improved us++++++++++++++++

Here's a piece of a story @Sport_Witness had

On the Porto team Everton have been repeatedly linked with Fernando. The Brazil born midfielder is currently in the process of becoming Portuguese which would let him play for the national team but also mean he wouldn't require a work permit if he moved to England.

Fernando nearly signed for Everton during the last summer transfer window but the deal collapsed. The Daily Mail reported last September that Everton manager Roberto Martinez had even gone to the length of attending a meeting to get Fernando a work permit. The midfielder had last minute second thoughts about his future. He was a relatively late withdrawal for the weekend game, which Everton weren't to know.

I'm guessing Everton were in for him when his price was significantly lower, but to be back in for him caught me off guard. An Everton friend of mine claims they will be looking to spend more than usual this time around.

CitizenTID said:
21m euros? We've been bent over on this one, we could have got him for £10m in Jan couldn't we?

I see your point but if we have paid €21m I can only assume it's tied to another deal where Porto's stake in the said player is lower. Can't see Fernando going through without Mangala even if they are announced separately.

Fernando's Agent: "Ainda não posso confirmar.É cedo.Mas em breve haverá novidades" (I still cant confirm . Its early. But soon will be news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.