Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just looking forward to the outrage that we're spending more money whilst about to 'fail' FFP.

It will be delicious.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
CitizenTID said:
21m euros? We've been bent over on this one, we could have got him for £10m in Jan couldn't we?
He doesn't mean we're actually paying €21m for Fernando alone, he means if the price is €21m or higher for Fernando it indicates we're getting Mangala too as Porto will shift Mangala's fee to Fernando's to get around third parties taking too much of the profit.

Its all to do with part ownership of players. Porto own a bigger chunk of Fernando than they do of Mangala, therefore if we overpay for Fernando and get a cheaper deal for Mangala Porto will actually get more money!! Assume it's all part of the negotiations and us doing something to help Porto and get the deal over the line ....

Which means if the Fernando deal is done, the Mangala one certainly should be, as we're not overpaying for Fernando so they can go flog Mangala to Barcelona.

Either way, people shouldn't get too caught up in the fee's. Some people seemed to be getting genuinely irate about the price of Fernandinho and he's been worth every penny and then some.

Looks like he's on his way.

Big shoes to fill replacing Javi Garcia, he's become a valuable member of the squad.

I've watched him a few times (along with Mangala) and he has impressed me - looks a brilliant player.

Reads the game fantastically well and presses quickly and aggresively. His long passing is exceptional and he patrols in front of the back four very well.

He's got big shoes to fill - but he will fill them. Fanastic player.

I'm sad to see him leave, but then I'm glad to see him grab a new challenge and the opportunity to play in the best team in the best league in the world. If there is someone who deserves it.
's the best player in the world in his position.
OCTOPUS Good luck.
Porto fan

Sounds promising :)

ElanJo said:
I'm sad to see him leave, but then I'm glad to see him grab a new challenge and the opportunity to play in the best team in the best league in the world. If there is someone who deserves it.
's the best player in the world in his position.
OCTOPUS Good luck.
Porto fan

Sounds promising :)

I wrote similar things on Motherwell's site when Ged Brannan joined them in 1998 !

TrueBlue1705 said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
CitizenTID said:
21m euros? We've been bent over on this one, we could have got him for £10m in Jan couldn't we?
He doesn't mean we're actually paying €21m for Fernando alone, he means if the price is €21m or higher for Fernando it indicates we're getting Mangala too as Porto will shift Mangala's fee to Fernando's to get around third parties taking too much of the profit.

Its all to do with part ownership of players. Porto own a bigger chunk of Fernando than they do of Mangala, therefore if we overpay for Fernando and get a cheaper deal for Mangala Porto will actually get more money!! Assume it's all part of the negotiations and us doing something to help Porto and get the deal over the line ....
Ah thanks, but don't the 3rd parties have a say in how much they want for him?

CitizenTID said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:

Ah thanks, but don't the 3rd parties have a say in how much they want for him?

I don;t think they would which is why Porto could manipulate the deal where we overpay for Fernando who they own a bigger part of and then get a discount on Mangala.... That we'll we'll still end up paying the same amount for two players (or maybe even negotiate the price down) but Porto would get more money so would be happy ....

Having watched a few hours of Fernando, Porto games and youtube clips, all I can say is I feel quite sorry for any midfield in the world trying to play through ours, a blue wall made of Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya with cover on the wings from Zabaleta and Kolarov.
Teams will have to play long balls to pass our midfield, but they won't have anyone to receive them as all 11 of their players will be in defence-mode.
Mangala btw, looks like an awesome young player, and I do hope he is also destined for us.

------------------ Hart ------------------
----- Kompany ------------ Mangala -----
Zabaleta ------------------------- Kolarov
-------- Fernando -------F'dinho ---------
------------------ Yaya -----------------
Silva ------------------------------- Nasri
----------------- Aguero ----------------

It'll take one heck of a team to win over this side. Even though it's far from bad, I still think our entire left side could be stronger though.

The perfect wwindow wouof be Fernando, sagna, mangala and Barkley. We'd be unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.