Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Mago said:
Its ridiclous

We are going to pay 20 million to maintain good relationship with Porto !

The guy should be free agent this summer but somehow he sit with his club and decided to milk us.
No-one has said this. We aren't spending any more money to appease them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems we are agreeing a combined fee for both Mangala and Fernando. Let's say we agree £45m, as we rate Fernando at £10m and Mangala at £35m.
It favours Porto if we skew the distribution of the £45m in Fernando's favour as they own a higher percentage of him. So we pay £21m for Fernando and then we get Mangala for £24m, for example.

If we pay our valuations, they'll get:
90% of £10m - £9m
56% of £35m - £19.6m
Total - £28.6m

Whereas if we change the distribution:
90% of £21m - £18.9m
56% of £24m - £13.5m
Total - £32.4m

FantasyIreland said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
The signing sounds poor

Really? why is that?

Would have been available for free if he hadn't signed new contract and now we are paying 20 m

I haven't read the thread in full but he doesn't seem like the player to take us to the next level, we already have adequate cover in centre of park and it would seem another home grown signing would make more sense with the UEFA punishment on the horizon.

Believe when I say I don't consider myself in a position to judge him on his playing performance as he isn't a player I have invested time watching.

But correct me if I'm wrong if he is better than Fernandinho and in top 20 midfielders on the planet?

FantasyIreland said:
The signing sounds poor

Really? why is that?

Would have been available for free if he hadn't signed new contract and now we are paying 20 m

I haven't read the thread in full but he doesn't seem like the player to take us to the next level, we already have adequate cover in centre of park and it would seem another home grown signing would make more sense with the UEFA punishment on the horizon.

Believe when I say I don't consider myself in a position to judge him on his playing performance as he isn't a player I have invested time watching.

But correct me if I'm wrong if he is better than Fernandinho and in top 20 midfielders on the planet?

Good point.

I like that we're massaging the two transfer fees to our advantage and I trust the judgment of whoever it is at City that has decided to buy the guy.

They must obviously know something we don't about him, but to my untrained eye he looks a mean fucker who doesn't take prisoners - the one thing we have missed since De Jong left.

FantasyIreland said:
The signing sounds poor

Really? why is that?

I think the idea is that we're buying both Mangala and Fernando in combination. Since it's a package deal, the Porto fans are saying that the Porto execs are asking us to pay more money for Fernando and less for Mangala, since Mangala is part owned by a third party and they will have to split the fee. By shifting Mangala's fee onto Fernando's, we'll be saving them money.

This sounds fishy to me because a third party would never be so easily duped in this way. You'd think they'd refuse the sale of Mangala until the deal is valued appropriately, but who knows what kind of stipulations are in the contract they signed with Porto.

FantasyIreland said:
The signing sounds poor

Really? why is that?

Thanks for the reply.

So basically you have concluded he's poor even though you admit to knowing nothing of his talent,ability or his usefulness to us.

He is very similar to Fernandinho,albeit slightly more defensive.He fits our profile and needs exactly and,imo,is easily amongst the best of his type and far better value than any HG player who would be available or even fit the bill.......

If you had read the thread you would realise why we didn't sign him for 'free' in Jan.

FantasyIreland said:
The signing sounds poor

Really? why is that?

If he hadn't signed a new contract we'd be signing a player who hasn't played in 6 months.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:
Really? why is that?

Thanks for the reply.

So basically you have concluded he's poor even though you admit to knowing nothing of his talent,ability or his usefulness to us.

He is very similar to Fernandinho,albeit slightly more defensive.He fits our profile and needs exactly and,imo,is easily amongst the best of his type and far better value than any HG player who would be available or even fit the bill.......

If you had read the thread you would realise why we didn't sign him for 'free' in Jan.

I said at the start I hadn't read the thread, I do see how Porto are trying to do the deal with us buying Mangala also but it seems a bit messy and hope that it's not construed as twisting the figures.
The last thing we need is bad press on transfers and actually give the corrupt UEFA bodies the opportunity to punish us.

I didn't once say he was poor, I said as a signing I thought it seemed poor. I'm not privy to his abilities so do appreciate you letting me know about what type of player he is.

My understanding is that we may only be allowed 13 non home grown players in our UEFA squad and believed it would be preferential if we are buying a player (squad not to directly improve our first 11) then we should be looking down the home grown path.

Note that I don't proclaim to be a transfer expert; I'm 100% sure the board know what they are doing.
I'm sure like you we both want what is best for the club!

I also haven't seen enough of Mangala; is he worth all this number moving and transfer wizardry to get our hands on him?
How would he compare to say a Hummels or Subotic from Dortmund?

I just hope we don't get stuck with two players when we only needed one.

It's a bit like the Jovetic and Negredo transfer, I hoped we signed 1 premium striker if available and promoted Guidett, rather than the two players (nowt against either player).
Negredo exceeded expectations in the first half of his season and has contributed valiantly to the title.

The game we are playing (I'm talking financially with all the new City restrictions) now has less room to manoeuvre on signings and wages.

Hope that helps?

kun said:
FantasyIreland said:
Really? why is that?

If he hadn't signed a new contract we'd be signing a player who hasn't played in 6 months.

And the fact its a world cup year a threat of not playing pretty much strong armed him into signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.