Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
MillionDollarDream said:
kenzie115 said:
Matt the Giant said:
If true that's a great price in today's market. Though I assume that would mean we pay a little more Mangala.
It's about £16m more than we should be paying.

Can we please get over the fact that we weren't able to get this player on a free in January? That deal was dead.

Not only that, but past all the media speculation who really knows 100% what was true in January anyway? Getting him sounds like a good plan going forward and that is what really matters.

oakiecokie said:
kenzie115 said:
Matt the Giant said:
If true that's a great price in today's market. Though I assume that would mean we pay a little more Mangala.
Has MP let us down so far ??? Not one of his signings were/are dross,so i`ll let him be the judge of that and not you,thankfully.
1. Where did I imply MP had let us down?
2. I don't believe I've criticised any of his signings.

The story went that Fernando was set to join us on a free this summer until porto essentially blackmailed him. That was all my comment referred to. If he's as good as those that have seen him play are saying then he'll represent great value at £16m.

kenzie115 said:
oakiecokie said:
kenzie115 said:
Has MP let us down so far ??? Not one of his signings were/are dross,so i`ll let him be the judge of that and not you,thankfully.

The story went that Fernando was set to join us on a free this summer until porto essentially blackmailed him. That was all my comment referred to. If he's as good as those that have seen him play are saying then he'll represent great value at £16m.

It would have been a real coup to get him on the free and it makes you wonder about FIFA's timing of telling Fernando he will not be able to represent Portugal in the world cup because that was a big part of him signing a new contract with Porto as they were threatening to let him rot in the reserves..

... However in today's market for a midfielder of his quality I still think £16m represents good value, hopefully this is all part of the Mangala deal but I suspect their may be an auction for Mangala!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
kenzie115 said:
oakiecokie said:

It would have been a real coup to get him on the free and it makes you wonder about FIFA's timing of telling Fernando he will not be able to represent Portugal in the world cup because that was a big part of him signing a new contract with Porto as they were threatening to let him rot in the reserves..

... However in today's market for a midfielder of his quality I still think £16m represents good value, hopefully this is all part of the Mangala deal but I suspect their may be an auction for Mangala!!

That's why I don't think Porto will want to do a package deal.

Mangala is Porto's biggest asset and they know a lot of clubs need central defenders this summer so it's inevitable they will want him to be part of an auction.

sam-caddick said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
kenzie115 said:

That's why I don't think Porto will want to do a package deal.

Mangala is Porto's biggest asset and they know a lot of clubs need central defenders this summer so it's inevitable they will want him to be part of an auction.

Agreed, Porto will want an auction - and I don't think City do auctions these days ....

But Porto don't own as much of Mangala as they do Fernando

So they'd be better getting a higher fee for Fernando as they'd end up with a bigger %

Both will arrive

Del_Bosque said:
But Porto don't own as much of Mangala as they do Fernando

So they'd be better getting a higher fee for Fernando as they'd end up with a bigger %

Both will arrive

I agree.

We went for both in January and from what the media have put out since then we seem have remained interested so I see both coming in eventually.

Mangala will be overpriced in my opinion but like most promising defenders nowadays they are going for the same money almost as the strikers, it's just that type of market at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.