Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
weare8kyk said:
Can anyone tell me the reason behind signing Fernando. a downgrate on our own Fernandiniho?

An upgrade on our own Garcia.

Given that he went and signed a new deal at Porto recently, so that we now have to stump up a bumper fee for him, I'd be inclined to leave Mr Fernando to rot. The player we should be after is Ross Barkley, and not just because he's English.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
adrianr said:
weare8kyk said:
Can anyone tell me the reason behind signing Fernando. a downgrate on our own Fernandiniho?

Given that he went and signed a new deal at Porto recently, so that we now have to stump up a bumper fee for him, I'd be inclined to leave Mr Fernando to rot. The player we should be after is Ross Barkley, and not just because he's English.

You're comparing apples with oranges....

Barkley is a fantastic talent but he doesn't solve,or provide the needed cover,for our defensive deficiency.

In an ideal world we part ex Rodwell(and Barry) for Barkley,although I doubt Everton would be up for that or,more likely,could even afford to.

FantasyIreland said:
adrianr said:

Barkley is a fantastic talent but he doesn't solve,or provide the needed cover,for our defensive deficiency.

In an ideal world we part ex Rodwell(and Barry) for Barkley,although I doubt Everton would be up for that or,more likely,could even afford to.

How can we part ex Barry, he is about to be a free agent?

BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:

How can we part ex Barry, he is about to be a free agent?

Not where Everton are concerned,2.5m clause.

adrianr said:
weare8kyk said:

I think given our potential problem with home grown players we should be looking elsewhere than Fernando instead, however perhaps a few too many wheels were in motion. I'm all for buying Barkley too, but even if we did I'd want him to remain at Everton next season under Martinez, which doesn't help us.

FantasyIreland said:
weare8kyk said:
adrianr said:

I thought we are going to look for cover for YAYA.

We have that in fernandinho,and to a lesser dergree,Fernando can also do the job.

I think Fernando is a fine player but I'm not sure he is much of an overall "upgrade" on Garcia, especially given Javi's recent form. That is not to say he I stronger than Garcia is some areas. But from what I've seen of him at good to he is more like Fernandinho in his positional discipline and he likes to attempt one too many hero passes at times. He is more athletic than Garcia but, in many assessments, less mature in his role. He is also nearly the same age.

That said, if he comes, I'll support him just as I always have with Garcia (at times I, and a few others, were the only one that argued Garcia's worth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.