Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Given that he went and signed a new deal at Porto recently, so that we now have to stump up a bumper fee for him, I'd be inclined to leave Mr Fernando to rot. The player we should be after is Ross Barkley, and not just because he's English.

You're comparing apples with oranges....

Barkley is a fantastic talent but he doesn't solve,or provide the needed cover,for our defensive deficiency.

In an ideal world we part ex Rodwell(and Barry) for Barkley,although I doubt Everton would be up for that or,more likely,could even afford to.

How can we part ex Barry, he is about to be a free agent?

"Fernando" him? ;-)

FantasyIreland said:
BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:
You're comparing apples with oranges....

Barkley is a fantastic talent but he doesn't solve,or provide the needed cover,for our defensive deficiency.

In an ideal world we part ex Rodwell(and Barry) for Barkley,although I doubt Everton would be up for that or,more likely,could even afford to.

Not where Everton are concerned,2.5m clause.

ok thanks, I was not aware of that

BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:
BringBackSwales said:

It was all part of the loan agreement - if they want to sign him permantly it will cost them £2.5m..... We could write of thw £2.5m and offer Rodwell in a deal for Barkley .... IF Everton and Barkley are receptive then I could see it happening :-)

SebastianBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
weare8kyk said:
I thought we are going to look for cover for YAYA.

We have that in fernandinho,and to a lesser dergree,Fernando can also do the job.

I think Fernando is a fine player but I'm not sure he is much of an overall "upgrade" on Garcia, especially given Javi's recent form. That is not to say he I stronger than Garcia is some areas. But from what I've seen of him at good to he is more like Fernandinho in his positional discipline and he likes to attempt one too many hero passes at times. He is more athletic than Garcia but, in many assessments, less mature in his role. He is also nearly the same age.

That said, if he comes, I'll support him just as I always have with Garcia (at times I, and a few others, were the only one that argued Garcia's worth).

Fernando's not disciplined?? The only reason Javi Garcia is "disciplined" is because he is relatively poor on the ball and would get caught out very easily further up the park. I know I've harped on about Fernando but the lad is far better than Garcia and is an out and out CDM, although he's skilful enough to play further forward.

SebastianBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
weare8kyk said:
I thought we are going to look for cover for YAYA.

We have that in fernandinho,and to a lesser dergree,Fernando can also do the job.

I think Fernando is a fine player but I'm not sure he is much of an overall "upgrade" on Garcia, especially given Javi's recent form. That is not to say he I stronger than Garcia is some areas. But from what I've seen of him at good to he is more like Fernandinho in his positional discipline and he likes to attempt one too many hero passes at times. He is more athletic than Garcia but, in many assessments, less mature in his role. He is also nearly the same age.

That said, if he comes, I'll support him just as I always have with Garcia (at times I, and a few others, were the only one that argued Garcia's worth).
He is a notable upgrade over Garcia regardless of Garcia's upturn in form.

We'll need to be looking at the 6 weeks Yaya will be at AFCON as well.

15million is too steep for a 3rd choice.

Better get one for the Yayaless future that is a new player type. Paul Pogba.

He's not a Yaya backup, not a Fernandinho backup. He's a new machine.

shaiomarali said:
15million is too steep for a 3rd choice.

Better get one for the Yayaless future that is a new player type. Paul Pogba.

He's not a Yaya backup, not a Fernandinho backup. He's a new machine.

Pogba is home grown I believe

abellwillring said:
SebastianBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:

He is a notable upgrade over Garcia regardless of Garcia's upturn in form.

We'll need to be looking at the 6 weeks Yaya will be at AFCON as well.

I've watched him quite a bit but I suppose you could have more information so I'll take your word for it.

TrueBlue1705 said:
BringBackSwales said:
FantasyIreland said:

It was all part of the loan agreement - if they want to sign him permantly it will cost them £2.5m..... We could write of thw £2.5m and offer Rodwell in a deal for Barkley .... IF Everton and Barkley are receptive then I could see it happening :-)

I still can't see how that clause would be binding once Barry's contract expires in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.