Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
aguero93:20 said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Kenzie115 has it correct, Diego Costa could switch as he had never played a competitive match for Brazil at any level, so he could switch, Fernando played for Brazil U20s and wasn't eligible for any other national side at the time so he was stuck with Brazil as a his national team. The rules are in place to stop talented kids being tapped up by richer nations.
Sorry, I've checked the rule, it states that unless Fernando applied to change nationality before his 21st birthday, it was at the discretion of FIFA because he'd played at youth level. If he'd applied before he turned 21 he would have been fine.

Yes, that is correct. And in terms of FIFA's discretion it is a ludicrous situation. Brazil and Portugal have colonial links and there have been many players who have played for Portugal with Brazilian origin. Moving to Spain and suddenly deciding - well Brazil wont pick me but Spain might so I will play for them... that seems absurd. I am surprised Spain have taken him in as well. They hated Senna because he was black. I know a lot of Spaniards who think it isn't possible to be both black and Spanish. Being Brazilian and good at football doesn't seem to bother them though.
Exactly, that's why I still believe it was the wrong decision by FIFA, when you look at the single nationality rules some countries have it should really apply to Portugal and Brazil.

SebastianBlue said:
cmdub said:
BlueDejong said:
Missing Official....Just waiting on Mangala deal ?
Would seem, we're probably waiting on Porto to bring in a replacement.

If that is indeed the case let's hope they are successful this time.

Sounds more like Mangala is dragging his feet, either for a better deal or alternative clubs!!

TrueBlue1705 said:
SebastianBlue said:
cmdub said:
Would seem, we're probably waiting on Porto to bring in a replacement.

Sounds more like Mangala is dragging his feet, either for a better deal or alternative clubs!!
I definitely think Porto/mangala are dragging their heels but I was talking about fernando originally. These benatia links aren't popping up for no reason. Benatia/mangala both seem difficult deals to tie up

cmdub said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
SebastianBlue said:

I definitely think Porto/mangala are dragging their heels but I was talking about fernando originally. These benatia links aren't popping up for no reason. Benatia/mangala both seem difficult deals to tie up

looks like it...sagna + fernando + mangala/benatia with lescott & barry leaving will be a good window

richards30 said:
Porto want to find a replacement before they confirm it apparently.

They were prepared to let him play with the reserve for the rest of the season if he didn't renew his contract, which means they can survive without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.