Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringBackSwales said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Manc in London said:
I'd strongly disagree but regardless of opinions about quality, Fernando is a better fit.

Yeah i hear he can pass the ball for a start

By all means praise our new player (hopefully) but why slag off NDJ in the process? He played well for us, was a key part of 2012 PL winning team, always gave 100% and was a fucking good lad as well

True, but you'd hardly describe passing as one of his key attributes though would you?!

That's the issue Lescott clearly had, he "....was a key part of the 2012 PL winning team, always gave 100% and was a fucking good lad as well" yet lost his place first to Nastasic and then to Demichelis based in no small part to his lack of comfort on the ball and his inability to consistently pick out a decent pass.

Matty said:
BringBackSwales said:
Georgian Maestro said:
Yeah i hear he can pass the ball for a start

By all means praise our new player (hopefully) but why slag off NDJ in the process? He played well for us, was a key part of 2012 PL winning team, always gave 100% and was a fucking good lad as well

True, but you'd hardly describe passing as one of his key attributes though would you?!

That's the issue Lescott clearly had, he "....was a key part of the 2012 PL winning team, always gave 100% and was a fucking good lad as well" yet lost his place first to Nastasic and then to Demichelis based in no small part to his lack of comfort on the ball and his inability to consistently pick out a decent pass.

I don't remember him giving the ball away too often though, do you? (Nigel, not Joleon!)

BringBackSwales said:
Matty said:
BringBackSwales said:

I don't remember him giving the ball away too often though, do you? (Nigel, not Joleon!)

Neither does Garcia. And i wouldn't say it's one of his key attributes.

BlueCityfan said:
BringBackSwales said:
Matty said:

Neither does Garcia. And i wouldn't say it's one of his key attributes.

I am not falling for your trap, and will not criticise either player but most people would probably have a view that 1 of those 2 players was a better tackler than the other

NeilYoungIsBack said:
Matty said:

Except for the historic pass to Aguero at 93:15 or thereabouts in the QPR game
He passed to Balotelli not Aguero.

NeilYoungIsBack said:
Matty said:

Except for the historic pass to Aguero at 93:15 or thereabouts in the QPR game

Historic pass? I suppose that makes Lescott's header just before his pass 'historic' too then

Nige's passing was pretty crisp but 99% of the time it was sideways or backwards and he was too immobile for a 2 man midfield, the team outgrew him. Hopefully Fernando will bring what Nige brought to the table (I'm confident he will) but also add a bit more, which is needed. Whether he will or not I don't know cos I haven't seen enough of him. Unless we plan a big change in tactics then he's going to have to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.