Fernando

Alright, I'll cleat up some false claims.

Almost no one here thinks Fernando should be the first name on the starting sheet: So for those making the silly "he'll never start for Real, Barca or Bayern" type atguments, can please stop. No one has claimed he should start here. So enough with the Strawman.

Now that has been cleared up:

He is oue best CM projection wise into next season, hence why he'd probably stay. He is superior to Yaya and Dihno because he is younger, and has been just as good or better than either the last 4 months. Delph on the other hand has been injury plagued, and has looked like a deer in headlights whwn he plays.

For the above reasons I expect Fernando will be here next season.

As for comparison, he is better than both DeJong and Garcia. I wouldn't really compare him to Barry, as Barry was more in the role of Dihno than he was Nando.

Which begs the question? Why do so many folks parrot the "we've not replaced Barry" Iine? Fernandihno!!!! That's who replaced Barry. Won a title to boot.

Anyway back to Nando, ID like to see him as Gundogan's backup. Like Casemiro is at Real. And we can rrot him out for specific games, and use him as a closer in the others.

Because Fernandinho, a box to box midfielder, has been shoehorned into a role he doesn't actually play & is nowhere near Barry's quality at reading danger.

Fern used to have a guy playing behind him at Shakhtar who was almost identical to Barry & we signed him as a player who got around the pitch not a holding mid.

His best games for City are when he has freedom & his biggest weakness is not picking players up, the opposite of Barry.

Because Fernandinho, a box to box midfielder, has been shoehorned into a role he doesn't actually play & is nowhere near Barry's quality at reading danger.

Fern used to have a guy playing behind him at Shakhtar who was almost identical to Barry & we signed him as a player who got around the pitch not a holding mid.

His best games for City are when he has freedom & his biggest weakness is not picking players up, the opposite of Barry.
I think Barry has gotten a lot more popular since leaving. I remember been one of only 3 guys who used to defend him here game in, game out. There was a season when he was the Navas of bluemoon. The guy you blame when you cant find anyone to blame. But once he left, he became the unreplaceable stud.

Personally, Don't think Barry is as good as Dihno. Dihno is a far superior footballer in most respect. Barry is probably comparable to Fernando. But happened to play a slightly more advanced role with us.

I think Barry has gotten a lot more popular since leaving. I remember been one of only 3 guys who used to defend him here game in, game out. There was a season when he was the Navas of bluemoon. The guy you blame when you cant find anyone to blame. But once he left, he became the unreplaceable stud.

Personally, Don't think Barry is as good as Dihno. Dihno is a far superior footballer in most respect. Barry is probably comparable to Fernando. But happened to play a slightly more advanced role with us.

Barry is nowhere near as good a footballer but imo the best reader of the game I've ever seen, like he could see the future & just stand in a space while the oppo pass the ball to him.

Don't know who your other two are but I can tell you Exeter Blue and I were big fans of Gaz Baz when he was here. I reckon if he had had Dinho's pace and mobility, he would have been in the world class bracket.

Don't know who your other two are but I can tell you Exeter Blue and I were big fans of Gaz Baz when he was here. I reckon if he had had Dinho's pace and mobility, he would have been in the world class bracket.
Well, I think you've just Checked the Barry crew. We've grown exponentially since he left. :)

Count me on that list. Whenever a big game came round Barry would invariably me one of those discussed as a possible man of the match.

I still think we have never replaced him and lets remember he was part of a midfiekd two, with Yaya, and still we had the meanest defence and a midfield which rarely offered space in front of the back four.

He was a master of inviting a free kick, getting his backside between the opposition player and ball and retaining the ball when the side was under pressure.

I don't really get the criticism of his passing, given that only Nasri has better pass completion. Nando's passing is largely unadventurous but he's not in the side as a creative / attacking midfielder or a deep lying play-maker.
This is how daft fans opinions are, he's judged purely on the ability of others, and not what his job is. If I judged Silva on his tackling, and interceptions I'd have him down as pretty shit, Hart doesn't have many shots on goal either, Navas is dreadful centre back, etc etc.

Fernando, when played in front of the back 4, in a formation that suits the squad, is a very good player, and he's shown it, when played in an unsuitable formation or position he has looked pretty poor.

He's had a decent season, after a fairly average start, but has been very good in Europe, and a few other big games. He's not a star, he's a workhorse, and he does work hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.