Fernando

"Fernando is wanted by Villarreal and Valencia.

The Manchester City midfieder is a popular player at the Etihad and is not looking for a move.

But clubs in Spain are ready to test if the Brazilian, who has made 69 appearances for City, is part of Pep Guardiola's plans when the Bayern boss arrives next month."

Regarding Gundogan:

"The Spaniard is gambling on the Germany midfielder, who could miss the start of the season through injury, to become a key figure as he looks to rebuild his side"

From the same article that city watch mentioned in the tweet. Never been an agenderist, but that is either bad reporting or someone with an axe to grind., perhaps Fern's agent? But if the player is happy and not looking to leave why start a non story.

I appreciate the Gundogan signing isn't with out risk but every signing has an inherent risk. But to say Pep is gambling on IG to become a key figure is stretching it a bit far.

He was consistent for the second half of the season and I very much doubt we'd have qualified for the Champions League if we only had Delph or Yaya to play alongside Fernandinho.

That being said, I can't see him holding down a spot in what looks likely to be a vastly improved midfield next season.

Barry was an outstanding player who if had pace would have been a great one.

Very underrated by fans but not by players and managers.

I thought he left one season too soon.
Exactly my thinking on Barry including leaving one season too early. Clever footballer.

He's not good enough for a Guardiola midfield. We'll likely bring in someone of much higher proven quality to replace him and keep Delph for quota reasons.

He was consistent for the second half of the season and I very much doubt we'd have qualified for the Champions League if we only had Delph or Yaya to play alongside Fernandinho.

That being said, I can't see him holding down a spot in what looks likely to be a vastly improved midfield next season.
Can't see any of our current midfielders holding down a spot to be fair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.