Fernando

To be fair you are talking about THE most important position on the field for Pep. The position that he himself played. The position that he immediately put Lahm in when he went to Bayern. Who exactly in our current squad has what it takes to play that position for Pep?

It will be interesting to see. When I hear us linked with Stones I wonder if he has been ear marked for the role.

To be fair you are talking about THE most important position on the field for Pep. The position that he himself played. The position that he immediately put Lahm in when he went to Bayern. Who exactly in our current squad has what it takes to play that position for Pep?
Nobody, hence we need to buy somebody.

Fernados performance against Arsenal was excellent, let's see what pep can do with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Fernando.

But unlucky as hell, LOL. The Zatlan incident follwed by the Real own goal... how unlucky can you get?

Alright, I'll cleat up some false claims.

Almost no one here thinks Fernando should be the first name on the starting sheet: So for those making the silly "he'll never start for Real, Barca or Bayern" type atguments, can please stop. No one has claimed he should start here. So enough with the Strawman.

Now that has been cleared up:

He is oue best CM projection wise into next season, hence why he'd probably stay. He is superior to Yaya and Dihno because he is younger, and has been just as good or better than either the last 4 months. Delph on the other hand has been injury plagued, and has looked like a deer in headlights whwn he plays.

For the above reasons I expect Fernando will be here next season.

As for comparison, he is better than both DeJong and Garcia. I wouldn't really compare him to Barry, as Barry was more in the role of Dihno than he was Nando.

Which begs the question? Why do so many folks parrot the "we've not replaced Barry" Iine? Fernandihno!!!! That's who replaced Barry. Won a title to boot.

Anyway back to Nando, ID like to see him as Gundogan's backup. Like Casemiro is at Real. And we can rrot him out for specific games, and use him as a closer in the others.

...Followed by the Swansea deflection
He wasn't unlucky in Madrid, it was poor defending in that he didn't track the run of bale which meant he was stretching too much to cut out the cross. At least that was my view from the gods......

He wasn't unlucky in Madrid, it was poor defending in that he didn't track the run of bale which meant he was stretching too much to cut out the cross. At least that was my view from the gods......
And yet he got back and (sort of) blocked Bale's cross - can't be perfect at all times - but when you get back and (sort of) block a cross - pretty unlucky that it evades your keeper and ends up in the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.