Ferran Soriano Interview

Yes that's right but the English language media has some of the biggest websites in the world and a huge global reach. This latest interview is on an Icelandic podcast. That's not a very big market. Why do the BBC not interview him or the New York Times or the Daily Mail? Despite their negative coverage he is one of the biggest operators in global football from his time at Barca and City. Anything he says is newsworthy. The English sports press is useless.
The English sports press have an agenda. I’d be surprised if the UK media hasn’t tried to get an interview with the hierarchy at the club. The fact we do an in house interview at the end of every season since khaldoon took charge suggests to me that the club know the angle of the British press. Human rights abuse, financial doping and any thing other than football would be the line of questioning.

Ferran Soriano is in Iceland
Here is a link to a interview he had in Iceland with Haflidason who hold out the most popular podcast in Iceland.

Great interview

And there I was thinking we were about to see a picture of Soriano pushing a trolley and topping up and frozen food.

I took away from the interview that CFG is the business and City is just the shiniest part of that. And I have no problem with that. This is a great model for sustainability that we could only have dreamed of decades back.

I also took away that fans in England are a tiny percentage of the customers. I also have no problem with that.

It bugs me when people say that the game (any sport) belongs to the fans. This is made up fantasy imo that is akin to Liverpool and united saying that they are football royalty and the only ones with "history". The game is about the players on the pitch and off it IMO.

We as fans just enjoy the show - in person or from afar. Once the CFG understand that the fans are part of the product that creates the entertainment then I'm happy and I believe that they do.

So much wrong with that Tony, firstly I don't like being called a customer and without fans the business model is doomed to failure. There isn't anything wrong with the mindset that the game belongs to the fans and it most certainly isn't all about the players on and off the pitch.

I enjoyed watching us when we were shit too, people used to go to the game watch it and talk about it after well before we started counting money and harping on about CFG.

Fans first
Then the club
After that the players

I'm glad I saw the real side of football before it disappeared up it's own arse.

The English sports press have an agenda. I’d be surprised if the UK media hasn’t tried to get an interview with the hierarchy at the club. The fact we do an in house interview at the end of every season since khaldoon took charge suggests to me that the club know the angle of the British press. Human rights abuse, financial doping and any thing other than football would be the line of questioning.
They have an agenda but we have nothing to hide and need to be on the front foot. Soriano is good at communications. He needs to be front of house for City and CFG

So much wrong with that Tony, firstly I don't like being called a customer and without fans the business model is doomed to failure. There isn't anything wrong with the mindset that the game belongs to the fans and it most certainly isn't all about the players on and off the pitch.

I enjoyed watching us when we were shit too, people used to go to the game watch it and talk about it after well before we started counting money and harping on about CFG.

Fans first
Then the club
After that the players

I'm glad I saw the real side of football before it disappeared up it's own arse.
I think it disappeared up it's own arse in many ways long ago. Hooliganism is up it's own arse. Disrespectful yobbish behaviour towards opposition players, officials and fans is up it's own arse. Standards of refereeing is up it's own arse. Diving and simulation is up it's own arse. Lots of things in soccer/football are uniquely shit. Were before CFG and will be after. In the meantime I'm very content with how we all (fans, customers, players. club and CFG) have the same goals for the most part.

BTW I know that my opinion isn't popular, you are entitled to yours and you are probably more right than me because I rarely am :-)

I think it disappeared up it's own arse in many ways long ago. Hooliganism is up it's own arse. Disrespectful yobbish behaviour towards opposition players, officials and fans is up it's own arse. Standards of refereeing is up it's own arse. Diving and simulation is up it's own arse. Lots of things in soccer/football are uniquely shit. Were before CFG and will be after. In the meantime I'm very content with how we all (fans, customers, players. club and CFG) have the same same goals for the most part.

BTW I know that my opinion isn't popular, you are entitled to yours and you are probably more right than me because I rarely am :-)

Don't you start that "I am more right than you" when everyone knows it's always me that's always wrong mate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.