Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueMoonz1977 said:
The Barca that you see play today was not built overnight, you can see the parallels between our club now and when LaPorta, Soriano & Txiki took control of Barca and started to re-mould it into the club they wanted achieve

Rijkaard struggled at first with results not going according to plan, but even against some hostility from the Barca fans they still persevered with their plans for the club - I bet you would find it very hard to find any Barca fans complaining now after achieving so much.

Exactly this, this is why I don't worry too much. I've seen this all before in that 2003 Barça documentary that was posted sometime back.

BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:
PEP GUARDIOLA ABOUT MAN CITY , PELLEGRINI AND TXIKI BEGIRISTAIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHx97pTfpQ

When you hear Pep say things like that about Txiki ... well, it's just written that one day he'll be our manager. That's no disrespect to Pellegrini or anyone else who comes between now and then.
if we beat Bayern next week against all the odds and then they get knocked out by a strong Group 1 team as a result I reckon Pep will be toast!
It's a big 'if' though and I'm not sure Manuel is planning on a long stay as caretaker so he'll probably go with 2 up front again ;-)

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:

When you hear Pep say things like that about Txiki ... well, it's just written that one day he'll be our manager. That's no disrespect to Pellegrini or anyone else who comes between now and then.
if we beat Bayern next week against all the odds and then they get knocked out by a strong Group winner team as a result I reckon Pep will be toast!
It's a big 'if' though and I'm not sure Manuel is planning on a long stay as caretaker so he'll probably go with 2 up front again ;-)

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:

if we beat Bayern next week against all the odds and then they get knocked out by a strong Group 1 team as a result I reckon Pep will be toast!
Come off it George. The only association Pep will have with toast will be over breakfast in the morning. He has taken Bayern to another level this year. We won't be seeing him at City for a while yet.

jollylescott said:
George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
Come off it George. The only association Pep will have with toast will be over breakfast in the morning. He has taken Bayern to another level this year. We won't be seeing him at City for a while yet.

George just wanted to be able to refer to Pellegrini as a caretaker again.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:

It's difficult and confusing for me hearing pep speaking so highly of Txiki and his abilities, given the scorn you've poured on them on here, George.

Leaves me confused as to who is right and who is wrong.

Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
BillyShears said:

It's difficult and confusing for me hearing pep speaking so highly of Txiki and his abilities, given the scorn you've poured on them on here, George.

Leaves me confused as to who is right and who is wrong.
two wrongs and I'm right ;-) Seriously though if Pep valued Txiki so highly you wonder why he gave the finger to Soriano when he invited him to take over here a couple of winters back.
jollylescott said:
Toast is virtually unknown in Germany, as is beans and humility.

If Txiki and Soriano are still here, as I think they will be, I'm pretty confident Pep will be our next manager. I'm fairly sure he'd say nice things anyway, he's a very affable chap but it's always nice to hear positives about our club. Also makes a change from the negatives we get from those immediately above him.

BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:

You're such a tart Billy

BillyShears said:
blue city199 said:

Not really slight praise.. 'Probably the most important man in my life', was it?

Welcome to City, Pep! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.