Top of the league
Champions league qualifiers
League cup final and FA cup 5th
The best football most of us have ever seen
No negative press stories from within the club
Every summer signing a big success. Without massive wages
The brand spreading around the world
The youth teams playing brilliant football

Amidst all the excitement around our club, the stellar impact of these two should not be underestimated. They've turned us from the slightly amateurish rich kids to a Rolls Royce of a football club.

The best move ADUG have made in their entire five years at the club was the recruitment of these two.[/quote}

Will they get a big bonus?

Didsbury Dave said:
Revenue going through the roof
Passed FFP
Stadium expansion on the way
Etihad campus nearly ready
Top of the league

Amidst all the excitement around our club, the stellar impact of these two should not be underestimated. They've turned us from the slightly amateurish rich kids to a Rolls Royce of a football club.

The best move ADUG have made in their entire five years at the club was the recruitment of these two.

They did the exact same thing at Barcelona, that year Laporta got in they were in freefall and financially were pretty messed up. These two sorted their finances and the team out. It gave them a 2nd place finish having finished 6th the year before, brought in the likes of Ronaldinho, Davids and a certain Andres Iniesta was brought up to the first team from the youth team. The year after, they won the league despite being against a Real Madrid side that was probably one of the most expensive teams ever assembled with the likes of Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc. Looking on their history, our progress over the last year and our accounts, you have to say these two certainly know what they are doing.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

There will be plenty of lucre in the form of salaries and bonuses for these fellas, don't you worry about that. And as the two key employees of the club I'd hazard a guess they'll never be short of a fully staffed middle eastern yacht to take the family on a nice holiday, either.

Abu Dhabi know how to make money, and people who know how to make money know that the most important thing of all is to recruit the best and to look after them properly.

Txiki is surely the best DoF in the world without any question. The signings of Negredo, Navas, and Fernandinho have been absolutely inspired. Jovetic hasn't played enough yet to judge properly.

I remember the press raving about Baldini in the summer after they sold Bale, saying they'd "sold Elvis and bought The Beatles" well it looks like they actually bought Shed Seven!

The DoF structure is often treated with scepticism in England, but with the guys we have in place, it's the perfect structure. If Pep arrives in 3 or 4 years, as many expect, the transition will be absolutely seamless. There will be none of the "transition period" that Davey is experiencing at the swamp after taking over from an all-powerful autocrat.

I have enjoyed hearing Ferran talk in the two NYCFC press conferences, he's very articulate, and clearly knows his stuff. I think the NYCFC / Melbourne teams are an inspired idea. It won't be too long in the future that you'll be able to see a City team playing every day of the week. A great idea in an increasingly globalised world.

My only criticism of them is that they've not really engaged directly with City fans yet. It was great hearing their plans for New York, but I'd like to hear them speak directly to us about their plans in Manchester. The odd video interview on the website / engagement with the UK national media would go a long way.

I think they might be concerned about being mullered in the press the way Garry Cook was, but they both seem too level headed to make the same sort of PR gaffes that Garry did.

Shaelumstash said:
My only criticism of them is that they've not really engaged directly with City fans yet. It was great hearing their plans for New York, but I'd like to hear them speak directly to us about their plans in Manchester. The odd video interview on the website / engagement with the UK national media would go a long way.

Haha. As I read it I knew there would be one.

I don't want another clown standing up making stupid proclaimations, or promoting himself with daft interviews. I want businessmen who realise that actions speak louder than words, and that low-class rubbish like that can only cause you problems and it totally unnecessary. And that's what we've got.

These men are the real deal. They make Cook look like the chancer he is.

remember arthur mann said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Revenue going through the roof
Passed FFP
Stadium expansion on the way
Etihad campus nearly ready
Top of the league

The best move ADUG have made in their entire five years at the club was the recruitment of these two.[/quote}

Will they get a big bonus?

They can only have one if it doesn't take us outside the Twatini Twins We've Got To Keep CIty Down Fair Play Regulations.

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:

Haha. As I read it I knew there would be one.

I don't want another clown standing up making stupid proclaimations, or promoting himself with daft interviews. I want businessmen who realise that actions speak louder than words, and that low-class rubbish like that can only cause you problems and it totally unnecessary. And that's what we've got.

These men are the real deal. They make Cook look like the chancer he is.

Harsh on Cook there Dave, but otherwise yeah I agree. Find it odd the number of posters (not just the one above) who seemingly think a DoF or CEO should be giving interviews to the press.

It's dead simple. Watch the team play. The answers to whatever questions you could have about them are there for all to see in the football we play and the swagger with which we play it.

As I said, the quiet men prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.