Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gingers Dad said:
Don't care if I never hear a peep out of these two as long as they do a good job. Massive fail if they don't sign a centre half for the second window running.
That's the one thing I worry about. In view of FFP, they are probably just allowing Lescott's contract to run down whilst retaining the knowledge that he is safe option to have against most of our opponents, and then when he leaves this summer, he'll be replaced by someone on a smaller wage which will be supplemented by bonus money.

I'm no cynic said:
Gingers Dad said:
Don't care if I never hear a peep out of these two as long as they do a good job. Massive fail if they don't sign a centre half for the second window running.
That's the one thing I worry about. In view of FFP, they are probably just allowing Lescott's contract to run down whilst retaining the knowledge that he is safe option to have against most of our opponents, and then when he leaves this summer, he'll be replaced by someone on a smaller wage which will be supplemented by bonus money.

Agreed. It has to be perfectly balanced between getting in the players and making 'progress' on FFP.

We seem to have settled on Mangala, but he'll be 38m. We may not be able to put 38m on the books for this fiscal year, so possibly summer.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Blue Haze said:
I'm no cynic said:
Gingers Dad said:

Agreed. It has to be perfectly balanced between getting in the players and making 'progress' on FFP.

We seem to have settled on Mangala, but he'll be 38m. We may not be able to put 38m on the books for this fiscal year, so possibly summer.

But it would only be £7.5m (presuming 5 year contract) or so on the books, and presuming Lescott will have been fully amortised we won't have his £4.5m or so on the books going forward.

The unsung heroes of the most successful season in the club's history.

Well done Khaldoon for attracting and appointing them, and a huge well done on these two for taking the tough decisions, and being vindicated.

I wouldn't want anyone else running our club. Top, top operators. It's no wonder they garner the respect they do in world football.

Didsbury Dave said:

Well done Khaldoon for attracting and appointing them, and a huge well done on these two for taking the tough decisions, and being vindicated.

I wouldn't want anyone else running our club. Top, top operators. It's no wonder they garner the respect they do in world football.

Good bump ... I was looking for this thread.

Txiki, Ferran, and Khaldoon have made some huge decisions in the last 18 months beginning with the sale of Balotelli. All the decisions they've made have been vindicated by our success and all involved deserve huge amounts of credit.

Txiki in particular. As technical director player/manager incomings/outgoings are his call. Not a single bad call so far.

Agreed. Now if Ferran can sort out UEFA today, it will put a fucking huge cherry on top of a very lovely cake!

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Good bump ... I was looking for this thread.

Txiki, Ferran, and Khaldoon have made some huge decisions in the last 18 months beginning with the sale of Balotelli. All the decisions they've made have been vindicated by our success and all involved deserve huge amounts of credit.

Txiki in particular. As technical director player/manager incomings/outgoings are his call. Not a single bad call so far.

Txiki seems such a wise and calming presence, very like Pellegrini. Great mentality to foster at the club.

blueinsa said:
We should pinch ourselves at the thought of having such a capable team as Ferran and Txiki.

Guys like this open far more doors than they close and where in no small way responsible for what happened at Barca yet we still have a few on here insistent on criticising them as nobodies?

They are busy transforming our club both on and off the field and for me, they are the very best in the business at what they do.

An excellent summary posted in the infancy of this thread.

At every level,our club is in great hands,yesterdays celebrations,which included all staff......proved as much.

Despite UEFA's efforts to throw a spanner,our future is very,very exciting.

Soriano looked liked Franco up in the stands yesterday, however, he won't be the long standing servant some hope, me included, he's an impact man who troubleshoots better than most of his peers, he'll quietly walk into the sunset and he wouldn't have it any other way....

Superb job done by both ferran and Txiki

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Soriano looked liked Franco up in the stands yesterday, however, he won't be the long standing servant some hope, me included, he's an impact man who troubleshoots better than most of his peers, he'll quietly walk into the sunset and he wouldn't have it any other way....

Superb job done by both ferran and Txiki
I'm sure he doesn't read Bluemoon but if he did, I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate that comparison! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.