Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
blueincy said:
aguero93:20 said:
Just ignore the c**ts when they start harping on with that shite, I do.

The way our club is run today gives me more of a piece of mind especially with Txiki and Soriano there. (Not Marwood)
The breaking the FFP regulations only happened because they moved the goal posts and made up some more new rules Shafting us in the process, reneging on promises paying lip service. I think the Quote by Khaldoon, If it means sometimes to take a pinch, we'll take a pinch. And we'll move on, T' was in response to the underhandedness of UEFA.
If you want to read how a club is run poorly without the fans in mind and still is, read a page from the Rag istory book.

http://www.meattradenewsdaily.co.uk...hester_united_and_butcher_louis_eswards_.aspx

"We have zero debt. We don't pay a penny to service any debt. For me, that's a sustainable model. He ain't fucking wrong, what an owner we have.

He should be known as tixylix, what a remedy he's been.

Why not marwood? Our board seem quite happy for him to sit alongside txiki and Ferran at the head of the club.

well said mate. he's a real asset to our club. shame people who know fuck all about him judge him.

Blue Haze said:
Not sure what exactly Marwood does as head of the academy.

Anyone know his contract status? Did we extend it or what?

That's a Question only people who know him can answer :)

blueincy said:
Blue Haze said:
Not sure what exactly Marwood does as head of the academy.

Anyone know his contract status? Did we extend it or what?

That's a Question only people who know him can answer :)

Marwood has a wide ranging brief. Amongst other things, I believe Marwood is in charge of moat of the technical staff, such as the medical team and, presumably, the video analysis teams.

Marwood was never the Director of Football, that role was created for Txiki, whose main focus is the first team. As I understand it, Marwood retained most of his responsibilities and his MD role simply added to them.

de niro said:
Didsbury Dave said:
blueincy said:
The way our club is run today gives me more of a piece of mind especially with Txiki and Soriano there. (Not Marwood)
The breaking the FFP regulations only happened because they moved the goal posts and made up some more new rules Shafting us in the process, reneging on promises paying lip service. I think the Quote by Khaldoon, If it means sometimes to take a pinch, we'll take a pinch. And we'll move on, T' was in response to the underhandedness of UEFA.
If you want to read how a club is run poorly without the fans in mind and still is, read a page from the Rag istory book.

http://www.meattradenewsdaily.co.uk...hester_united_and_butcher_louis_eswards_.aspx

"We have zero debt. We don't pay a penny to service any debt. For me, that's a sustainable model. He ain't fucking wrong, what an owner we have.

He should be known as tixylix, what a remedy he's been.

Why not marwood? Our board seem quite happy for him to sit alongside txiki and Ferran at the head of the club.

well said mate. he's a real asset to our club. shame people who know fuck all about him judge him.

+1. Our owners DONT suffer fools gladly. He is still with us because THEY value him. Good enough for me but, of course, some folk on here know so much better!!!

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

This, from Daniel Taylor in The Guardian, is interesting and perhaps gives a better insight:

Perhaps it is also time Brian Marwood, his predecessor in the role, was given more credit, especially when City have just awarded new contracts to five of the players who were recruited on his watch and largely form the bedrock of the team: Sergio Agüero, Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Aleksandar Kolarov and Edin Dzeko. Roberto Mancini resented Marwood for not beating United to Van Persie’s signature and never missed an opportunity to bring up those grievances when everything started to unravel. Elsewhere at City, Marwood is regarded extremely highly. He delivered far more good than bad before becoming their academy director (and don’t make the mistake of thinking that was a demotion) and he and Begiristain have shown it does work having someone in that position between the manager and the top of the club.

Just about over yesterdays debacle, onward's and upwards!! Glad out old youth players Mee N Trippier kept that shower out.

Yea, good read that Ric, but that was just his opinion and doesn't sway mine. Don't like the way he takes the piss out of the appointment of Fahim at our club and what he said but no mention that our owners wanted to be seen as serious businessmen, not wealthy interlopers throwing their money around, and Fahim was quietly removed from the project.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/30/manchester-city-chelsea-deadline-day

He says he should be given credit, for what? If he was still in his role as Sporting director the Five players given new contracts would of been at a new club by now if it wasn't for the intervention of bringing in Soriano & Txiki to the club, Mancini had been sacked and players still wished to leave from what I read.

The only person in the Media I have heard stick up for him was Henry Rag loving Winter, and we all know how he feels about our Chairman the Idiot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ty-manager-Mark-Hughes-out-the-exit-door.html

Until Martin Samuel says he's ok my opinion on him stands outside looking in so to speak, others have different views on him I respect that, that's their prerogative.

Thanks for the article hadn't read it.

There is an interesting article in the business section of the Telegraph. It's an interview with Soriano where he covers the globalisation of City.

One of the interesting ideas he puts forward is playing a premiership game in the United States, to capitalise on the popularity of the game over there. I am not sure how that would work logistically but to me I think that it is a fascinating proposition, and certainly one worth discussing.

It was also interesting to read his perspective on attracting young players by offering an alternative career path with New York and Melbourne, if the player doesn't quite make it to our first team.

He certainly comes across as thinking globally while acting locally. There is no doubt in my mind that he and Txiki are the best buys we have ever made.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

blueincy said:
Just about over yesterdays debacle, onward's and upwards!! Glad out old youth players Mee N Trippier kept that shower out.

Yea, good read that Ric, but that was just his opinion and doesn't sway mine. Don't like the way he takes the piss out of the appointment of Fahim at our club and what he said but no mention that our owners wanted to be seen as serious businessmen, not wealthy interlopers throwing their money around, and Fahim was quietly removed from the project.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/30/manchester-city-chelsea-deadline-day

He says he should be given credit, for what? If he was still in his role as Sporting director the Five players given new contracts would of been at a new club by now if it wasn't for the intervention of bringing in Soriano & Txiki to the club, Mancini had been sacked and players still wished to leave from what I read.

The only person in the Media I have heard stick up for him was Henry Rag loving Winter, and we all know how he feels about our Chairman the Idiot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ty-manager-Mark-Hughes-out-the-exit-door.html

Until Martin Samuel says he's ok my opinion on him stands outside looking in so to speak, others have different views on him I respect that, that's their prerogative.

Thanks for the article hadn't read it.

You haven't said anything there. Just a load of words.

Give us your reasons for not trusting marwood. So far you've just replied to all the evidence that he's valued at the club with a bottom-lip-out "well I don't trust him".

Be honest....

jollylescott said:
There is an interesting article in the business section of the Telegraph. It's an interview with Soriano where he covers the globalisation of City.

One of the interesting ideas he puts forward is playing a premiership game in the United States, to capitalise on the popularity of the game over there. I am not sure how that would work logistically but to me I think that it is a fascinating proposition, and certainly one worth discussing.

It was also interesting to read his perspective on attracting young players by offering an alternative career path with New York and Melbourne, if the player doesn't quite make it to our first team.

He certainly comes across as thinking globally while acting locally. There is no doubt in my mind that he and Txiki are the best buys we have ever made.
Very good read, cheers!!

City will use their MLS franchise, New York City FC, to blood young players.
Better than watching them sit on a bench come on as sub win a penalty then get subbed off.
Also it's funny how there's always red tape involved if we try and loan a club one of our players, isn't it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...o-New-York-City-FC-admits-Ferran-Soriano.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.