Ferran Torres (FC Barcelona)

Villa is about what I always thought his level would be. Tidy but unspectacular player, might improve if he's playing regularly though. Getting £55 million for him was amazing business, I'd be calling for an investigation into that if we wasn't the selling club, criminal.

Still recall getting pelted on here for suggesting Cole Palmer who at the time hadn't broken through yet could do the same as him given the same game time. The same quote was brought up from the dead months later when he scored a hattrick for spain by an individual on here who must have been sitting on it for months and remains the only person I've ever had to stick on ignore.
Ferran Torres is a great Forward
You said he was " unspectacular "
Not sure what you really mean by that....
I beg to differ....His Back heeled volley goal for Manchester City away at Newcastle.....That is Spectacular, imo.as was his hat trick against the Geordies.. as Well as scoring in 13 consecutive games for Spain at international level couple seasons back.

The player is an adroit inside forward, a wonderfully gifted player,
With the right team and Coach....He will do Damage.
Pep did not want to sell him.he signed him!
Sometimes Blues look to criticise a players ability...just because they decided to leave our club.
Apparently he had a shocker,in a recent video posted on here that I haven't seen...he's also himself admitted he has had depression / mental health issues...
That's Football.Torres is a great forward with lethal goal scoring instinct.,imo.

Last edited:
Still remember some on here fuming that we sent them Garcia and Torres like our board were doing Barcelona a favour for old friends. We cleared Garcia off our books and traded Torres for Alvarez and change. We mugged them in broad daylight. My Barcelona still sends me messages to this day about how badly we ripped them off.
If the figures are correct, we received more for Torres than we paid for Erling.

Just let that sink in.

Two fucking brilliant pieces of business by Txiki and co.

If the figures are correct, we received more for Torres than we paid for Erling.

Just let that sink in.

Two fucking brilliant pieces of business by Txiki and co.
£48.4m for Torres and £52m for Haaland. Obviously they're very different structures deals but still...

I remember thinking at the time he was a good player without being a great player, and that whatever Barca paid for him was bordering on madness.

£48.4m for Torres and £52m for Haaland. Obviously they're very different structures deals but still...

I remember thinking at the time he was a good player without being a great player, and that whatever Barca paid for him was bordering on madness.
The figure I remember quoted for Torres was £55 million.

Ferran Torres is a great Forward
You said he was " unspectacular "
Not sure what you really mean by that....
I beg to differ....His Back heeled volley goal for Manchester City away at Newcastle.....That is Spectacular, imo.as was his hat trick against the Geordie.. as Well as scoring in 13 consecutive games for Spain at international level couple seasons back.

The player is an adroit inside forward, a wonderfully gifted player,
With the right team and Coach....He will do Damage.
Pep did not want to sell him.he signed him!
Sometimes Blues look to criticise a players ability...just because they decided to leave our club.
Apparently he had a shocker,in a recent video posted on here that I haven't seen...he's also himself admitted he has has depression / mental health issues...
That's Football.Torres is a great forward with lethal goal scoring instinct.,imo.
If he was as good as you state he would be a starter for Barcelona. When they bought him he was meant to be their new main striker but that has not happened and they soon moved on to sign Lewandoski.
I don't think anyone is saying that Torres is not a good finisher but he is not an elite level talent that would start for teams who regularly qualify from the Champions League group stages.

If he was as good as you state he would be a starter for Barcelona. When they bought him he was meant to be their new main striker but that has not happened and they soon moved on to sign Lewandoski.
I don't think anyone is saying that Torres is not a good finisher but he is not an elite level talent that would start for teams who regularly qualify from the Champions League group stages.
Yeah, I think it's hard to rate players at the level City are now operating (and Barcelona, give or take). Any player we sign is in the top 3% of professional players in the world. It just so happens we are looking for players in the top 1%. Our "shit" players are still exceptionally talented and walk into dozens of good teams around Europe, and would have been the best and most beloved players at City by some distance pre-2012. But that still doesn't mean he's quite at the level we (or Barcelona) need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.