Ferran Torres | Signs for Barcelona (see main forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dont see how we can do a deal in January and not get shafted. Barca have no money. Unless we agree a 10yr pay schedule

Must say I'm a bit disappointed with Ferran - he was very keen on a move to Barca before he signed for us and I get that however since 2020 we have two clubs heading in different directions. Perhaps he thinks Barca will rebound and he could play a key part in that, but to leave a club like ours right now, managed by Pep is a big risk. Maybe he also knows we are going to improve our forward line and he will not get the playing time he wants. He was played quite a bit before his injury so it's all a bit odd. I also suspect he doesn't like the weather and being away from family but he knew that when he signed.

I had high hopes he would be a big part of the next 3 years and then maybe go back to Spain - but it appears that is not to be. We move on and hopefully if he goes someone replaces him in Jan as we look a bit light if we have a few key injuries.

I guess at the end of the day buying a player for 23m euros and selling for 45m less than two years later is good business especially if that player has told you he wants to go. Finally if we tapped up, talked about other teams players like Barca do we would face heavy fines and worse - football is quite corrupt at times!

I said the day we signed him (to much criticism) that he wouldn’t suit the league playing out on the wing. That has certainly proved to be true. He lacked the pace and physical strength to win out against fullbacks. He did better in the striker role, but I think we can do a lot better. He is perfect for the Spanish league and I don’t begrudge him wanting to leave. In fact, I think it’s better for both parties.

When it comes to transfer fees, we definitely should not be doing Barcelona any favours whatsoever. If he were at Liverpool or Chelsea, they’d be demanding close to 9 figures. We don’t need to sell in January, especially since we’re unlikely to replace him. Let this drag out until Barcelona come back with some big numbers. They’ll get more and more desperate as the season goes on. Time is on our side.

If we get more than 60mil I would be satisfied. unlike what people here think, we are better than chelsea at getting sell value for our players. They just sell a lot more players for a standard price so it fells like they have better valuation but they do not. 60 mil is a fair price for a bench option. now if he was a starter then it would make sense to ask for 100 mil.

If we get more than 60mil I would be satisfied. unlike what people here think, we are better than chelsea at getting sell value for our players. They just sell a lot more players for a standard price so it fells like they have better valuation but they do not. 60 mil is a fair price for a bench option. now if he was a starter then it would make sense to ask for 100 mil.

Not sure you’re right there. Chelsea made some big profits on players - Oscar , Luiz, Hazard for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.