Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fee for a decent player. He was a squad player fo us and to get a decent fee for him is great business. Let's face it, he didn't rip up trees for us really and probably just wants to go home. No hard feelings from me!

I suspect we will use the fee to make a move in January for a big signing. We will have the 100m for Kane we could've spent in summer plus another 45m too.

I suspect we will have a REALLY good transfer window!

Figure of speech. You get the point tho. Go back few months and we had report after report about Barca taking half the team. The situation is uneasy. Pep can still win trophies here and also help his club.

Lol this seems like peak football fan paranoia.

You honestly believe Pep is acting as a double agent and helping Barcelona?

As has been the case since 2013, the club has not lost 1 player we wanted to keep really. We've just sold Torres for double what we paid for him and he is a bit part player at best. Theres nothing more to the story....

Not been too many yet but they'll be here in time, the one thing a player sale/purchase can always guarantee is an avalanche of amateur accountants willing to go as far as to plain make things up to get something to sound better/worse than it is. I look forward to the best ones.

We help Barca by seemingly allowing all our players a move to this great club that no one can turn down if they can somehow find the funds down the back of the (FFP does not apply sofa).

Not long ago we had sterling, Laporte and Bernardo all on Barcelona’s radar. Pep and co will do all they can to help their club. Yes we got a good fee and yes pep has said anyone not happy can leave. The problem is that they all want to leave for Barca and that does not sit right.

The Catalonians need to remember who they work for.
Quite right..let Barca go for our second team players, as that is their level..they make so much money from shirt sales,sponsorship, stadium tours etc. Well Torres and Garcia on their shirts will hardly rake in millions.A downward spiral now the golden generation have gone. The fans will leave in droves.Frankly the big teams are all reaching a peak which they may struggle to continue. City seem the best placed for future success, not because of galacticos, but because we are a team with a great manager.

Good luck to him.

Bought for peanuts and sold for a nice profit.

If we had a forward, I can’t see where he would have featured in this team. Ferran did not have the pace needed for the English game.

I don’t like how we seemingly allow Barca to take players off us quite easily. I know pep said anyone can leave and I admire this approach but I don’t see us behaving this way with any other team.

The pals act with Barca is only benefiting 1 club so far and that is not city.

Anyway, as I say, good luck lad. Can’t fault your effort & professionalism while wearing blue.

In fairness had Pep been happy to take the rumoured £20m for Garcia, we’d have taken £70m off them for two players not at our level. Torres has a chance. Garcia is rank!!

Quite right..let Barca go for our second team players, as that is their level..they make so much money from shirt sales,sponsorship, stadium tours etc. Well Torres and Garcia on their shirts will hardly rake in millions.A downward spiral now the golden generation have gone. The fans will leave in droves.Frankly the big teams are all reaching a peak which they may struggle to continue. City seem the best placed for future success, not because of galacticos, but because we are a team with a great manager.
Torres is a current Spanish international so will be popular with the fans back home, I suspect.

Let's hope City are more than just the manager because that may well end in a year or two.

Barcelona are building probably their greatest side ever :) Garcia and Torres. Let that sink in. Both average players nothing more. How the mighty have fallen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.