Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get an answer off the other guy so I'll ask you as you agree with him, what has buying Grealish got to do with Torres asking to leave?
I'd much rather have Torres in the squad than Grealish, his goal and assist return is much higher than we will see from Grealish. If Grealish wasn't English I very much doubt we'd would have been interested in him, never mind spending 100 Effin M on him. As a player in our front 3 I'd much rather have Torres, yes we've made a profit on Torres but he's been sold incredibly cheap. I see huge potential in him, he's clinical, a fantastic finisher, already Spains number 9, I had very high hopes for him and expect he will become a top class player.

We're guilty of letting another's young player go on the cheap, Sane was far too cheap a sale to Munich and now Torres to Barca very cheap!

Almost feels like the young Spanish lads come here for an education, before returning home, live in another culture, experience the premier league and most importantly get coached by one of the games greatest managers, as we’ll receive over £50M for Diaz & Torres alone then it becomes a worthwhile exercise, I wouldn’t be averse to doing it again with others if there’s a decent profit, in a similar way that sales from our academy service the first team budget

Never thought he was anything special to be honest, always looked better for Spain, so won’t be missed long term, but good luck to him

Last edited:
I'd much rather have Torres in the squad than Grealish, his goal and assist return is much higher than we will see from Grealish. If Grealish wasn't English I very much doubt we'd would have been interested in him, never mind spending 100 Effin M on him. As a player in our front 3 I'd much rather have Torres, yes we've made a profit on Torres but he's been sold incredibly cheap. I see huge potential in him, he's clinical, a fantastic finisher, already Spains number 9, I had very high hopes for him and expect he will become a top class player.

We're guilty of letting another's young player go on the cheap, Sane was far too cheap a sale to Munich and now Torres to Barca very cheap!
But he wanted to leave and I still don't understand what Grealish has to do with it apart from you not rating him!

BBC reporting his contract has a one billion Euro buyout clause. Barcelona stopping him moving on if things go very silly at the Nou Camp.

Sane was a generational talent. Torres is a decent youngster that we got on the cheap. For me, he's shown flashes of goalscoring ability, but not enough to be an out-and-out striker, and on the wing, he's way less creative than many of our other players. Obviously he's still young, so plenty of time to improve, but let's not pretend that the idea that he was the answer to our striker troubles was anything other than a hope based on the fact that we didn't have a striker. If he didn't already play for us, no-one here would have suggested we sign him as a striker.

As for him being Spain's number 9, yes, in a very average Spain squad. This isn't David Villa we're talking about. We've also got Brazil's number 9, and he's not Ronaldo or Romario either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.