Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey in all the years the Barca lads have been here we’ve seen two players or so go the other way, Garcia was an opportunity missed because he wasn’t up to the Prem but Pep liked the lad so got a bit stubborn and we should really have skinned them for a decent fee, Ferran well as much as he has potential we are absolutely stacked with options, the fee is very fair and I wish him well but we’ve done em no favours from my view.

Btw we’ve pretty much let any player go who isn’t into it go from Edin onwards, is it good for the club that’s to be seen but no player it seems ever bad mouths us so that will help massively for player recruitment.
Sense at last.

That's not how we run thing's by what Pep's said, if they want to leave their agent finds a club then decide on a price.
Yes I've heard Pep say that, but it still doesn't answer the question.

Perhaps Madrid would have paid 80M and Torres would have been just as happy there!

Garcia - Shite
Sergio - Out of contract
Torres - Homesick

It's not like we're helping them win La Liga!
It can easily be interpreted this way.

I would like to think the club are taking a long term strategic view with Barca. Maybe we see these deals as a way to soften the stance of a cartel member.

The decent but not extravagant fee for ferran might be the start. Coincide throwing in pique and a legend. Only time will tell when Barca next open their mouths regarding city and FFP.

Pep won’t stand in the way of a player going to Barca. I have a problem with how easily we let them go. Sane we dug in to get a reported 100m fee at the time.Anything cule related I find pep and co all too comfortable in facilitating the transfer.

We wont be putting the money towards signing Haaland.

We wont see a Penny until next year.

Then in installments for the next few years.

And i agree with Ryan :

Yes I've heard Pep say that, but it still doesn't answer the question.

Perhaps Madrid would have paid 80M and Torres would have been just as happy there!

And if Madrid had wanted him, presumably they would have made it known ?

Besides Mbappe seems to be their target if what I read is to be believed .

Good luck to him. I’m starting to think it’s pointless signing young Spanish players. They always want to return to Spain or when there’s interest they want to go.

obviously Silva is the great exception to that, but that seems to be rare

Although the CL campaign of the previous season ended strangely, he was instrumental in getting City through at the top during the group stage. He also was one of the few who showed any sort of spark when the squad was in a funk. After the winter, he showed a lot of promise but didn't have any impact in important games. He seems a prospect and is Spain's striker in their depleted cadre. Don't think City will miss him, though.

Blimey in all the years the Barca lads have been here we’ve seen two players or so go the other way, Garcia was an opportunity missed because he wasn’t up to the Prem but Pep liked the lad so got a bit stubborn and we should really have skinned them for a decent fee, Ferran well as much as he has potential we are absolutely stacked with options, the fee is very fair and I wish him well but we’ve done em no favours from my view.

Btw we’ve pretty much let any player go who isn’t into it go from Edin onwards, is it good for the club that’s to be seen but no player it seems ever bad mouths us so that will help massively for player recruitment.
Can Pep, Txiki and Soriano not be conflicted when dealing with Barca? They may work and try their best for city but they will forever be indebted to Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.