Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're not happy with how transfers are conducted at our multiple trophy winning club?
That right?
I'm not in a position to challenge it, overall we are very astute and have performed some excellent business but also made some mistakes.
Mistakes are to be expected as there's are no guarantees in business, I'd say we have made less mistakes than many other clubs of a similar ilk.
I like Tiki and Ferran and love Pep but there is always room for improvement, as a season ticket holder and fan I'm entitled to an opinion though, be it right or wrong. We all want what's best for City at the end of the day right!?

My opinion is that I highly rated Torres and I'm sad to see him go, escpecially for what I perceive as much less than the asset value

It’s amazing how little faith some have in this club. I’m 44 and this is the greatest period of my City supporting life.
Exact same age as me and I have loads of faith in the club, we have the best management team by a country mile

I'm not in a position to challenge it, overall we are very astute and have performed some excellent business but also made some mistakes.
Mistakes are to be expected as there's are no guarantees in business, I'd say we have made less mistakes than many other clubs of a similar ilk.
I like Tiki and Ferran and love Pep but there is always room for improvement, as a season ticket holder and fan I'm entitled to an opinion though, be it right or wrong. We all want what's best for City at the end of the day right!?

My opinion is that I highly rated Torres and I'm sad to see him go, escpecially for what I perceive as much less than the asset value
I'm sad to see him go he was a tidy player but...he wanted to go so ta ra and we move on making a profit.

Well if you couldn't see an intelligent classy player, an ice cool clinical finisher, exciting dribbler with fantastic movement, fair enough but I certainly did. He's scored a significant amount of goals for us and he had a few ruled out for borderline VAR decisions. His goal return for club and country is excellent and for me (again my opinion) no way should he be available for sale so cheap, was he offered to both the Madrid clubs?

I'm not happy he's leaving, but only time will tell if it was a error letting him go, escpecially when we've still not got a striker. I really hope you are right and we're not looking back at the one that got away!

Exciting dribbler? Ferran Torres? I genuinely cannot recall ever seeing him beat his fullback one v one.

I'm sad to see him go he was a tidy player but...he wanted to go so ta ra and we move on making a profit.
If you take the player and the emotion out of the deal it is brilliant business spinning £20M for not much effort, the only downside is if he becomes a top 20 player in the world (which for the record, I think he could be) and we have sold him for cheap

Look at Chelsea with KDB and Salah, both would be guaranteed starters at every team on the planet {except City ;) } and top 20 of players on planet

Again a matter of opinion, but please enlighten me who is better in our academy? Kayky, Delap, Palmer, Mcatee?

Bear in mind that Torres is considered in Spain a similar talent as Foden is in England when you take into account their age and potential!

I'm seeing a load of crazy posts coming from you since you joined but the floor is open

I don’t think it’s that crazy a post… I think Palmer and Mcatee both have more potential. We have two of the most exciting young players in England. I’d much rather they got a chance.

torres has shown no where near as much talent as foden, othe then the odd game he’s been average

As we had already had nearly 1/3 of his 5 year contract his true outstanding book cost to us is £14m.
We have in fact made a book profit if £43/44m

Not bad for a 21 year old.
He will prove to be a top talent. Just not for us ..

Proving rather difficult to keep young Spanish players at the club. Silva came to us at 24 and some other experienced players have managed for a few years, but it generally appears difficult for them to acclimatise; a situation that has been exacerbated by COVID and the travel restrictions imposed. Wish him well but not sure we should be fishing in that pond, unless we’re more interested in turning a profit.

As we had already had nearly 1/3 of his 5 year contract his true outstanding book cost to us is £14m.
We have in fact made a book profit if £43/44m

Not bad for a 21 year old.
He will prove to be a top talent. Just not for us ..

And we will bring through others to take his place .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.