Ferran Torres signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s that crazy a post… I think Palmer and Mcatee both have more potential. We have two of the most exciting young players in England. I’d much rather they got a chance.

torres has shown no where near as much talent as foden, othe then the odd game he’s been average
Palmer and Mcatee are undoubtedly great talents, I hope they do fulfill that potential but it's hard to argue that they have more potential than Torres at this time. Kayky perhaps has even more potential than the two you listed. Let's hope we can get Mcatee to sign a contract, we had Torres on a long term deal

For City yes but internationally I'd say Torres has proven more, that's from one of Foden biggest fans
it's clear I'm arguing a lost cause here so I'll leave it now hoping I'm wrong and the aforementioned reach and exceed their potential and we don't look back thinking if only

Although the CL campaign of the previous season ended strangely, he was instrumental in getting City through at the top during the group stage. He also was one of the few who showed any sort of spark when the squad was in a funk. After the winter, he showed a lot of promise but didn't have any impact in important games. He seems a prospect and is Spain's striker in their depleted cadre. Don't think City will miss him, though.
As you say, he showed a lot of promise. Kind of agree we won't miss him, but I'd still have loved to see him stay here and see how he might have blossomed.
It is what is though

I'd much rather have Torres in the squad than Grealish, his goal and assist return is much higher than we will see from Grealish. If Grealish wasn't English I very much doubt we'd would have been interested in him, never mind spending 100 Effin M on him. As a player in our front 3 I'd much rather have Torres, yes we've made a profit on Torres but he's been sold incredibly cheap. I see huge potential in him, he's clinical, a fantastic finisher, already Spains number 9, I had very high hopes for him and expect he will become a top class player.

We're guilty of letting another's young player go on the cheap, Sane was far too cheap a sale to Munich and now Torres to Barca very cheap!
Most chances created behind KDB last year. Don’t get a hard on solely for numbers though, I know grealish hasn’t been great but we’ve seen what he can do last year. A year in peps system and hopefully we see him shine

It's a pretty incredible fee for the player he is currently. Maybe he just never settled and if he's somewhere comfortable Xavi can make him into the new David Villa. I think his lack of physical qualities, particularly any agility & wiriness on the ball, will always be a problem for him though. Never caused any trouble, good luck to him.

I'd much rather have Torres in the squad than Grealish, his goal and assist return is much higher than we will see from Grealish. If Grealish wasn't English I very much doubt we'd would have been interested in him, never mind spending 100 Effin M on him. As a player in our front 3 I'd much rather have Torres, yes we've made a profit on Torres but he's been sold incredibly cheap. I see huge potential in him, he's clinical, a fantastic finisher, already Spains number 9, I had very high hopes for him and expect he will become a top class player.

We're guilty of letting another's young player go on the cheap, Sane was far too cheap a sale to Munich and now Torres to Barca very cheap!
Barca have put a 1 billion euro release clause in his contract. Yes these things mean nothing in the real world but they obviously value him as a prize asset to be protected. I think we could have got more for him had we played hardball - especially as he's currently injured so it wasn't like we were risking upsetting an available squad player at a busy period of the season.

Again a matter of opinion, but please enlighten me who is better in our academy? Kayky, Delap, Palmer, Mcatee?

Bear in mind that Torres is considered in Spain a similar talent as Foden is in England when you take into account their age and potential!

I'm seeing a load of crazy posts coming from you since you joined but the floor is open
From what i have seen Palmer seems to be as cool as Torres in front of goal. Both excellent finishers. Hopefully Palmer will get more of a chance now and seeing as Kayky was on the bench v Leicester he may see his chance of a game improve now Torres has gone. I think Torres is a great finisher but as has been said if the lad wanted to go then why keep an unhappy player.

Sad to see Ferran leave, he is undoubtedly talented and will be a big part of Spain's future. I hoped he would have been a big part of our future and was looking forward to seeing Phil, Jack and Ferran in the same team. However, I do like that Pep, once he knew the lad wanted to go, facilitated it quickly - remember last year Barca offered £7m for Garcia in Jan but Pep wanted to keep him - ultimately he was hardly used and it caused a lot of annoyance on here that he went for a free. Good luck to him and we shall be more than fine. Can see us buying a big name striker in the summer given we only had a net spend of less the 30M in the last year.

Barca have put a 1 billion euro release clause in his contract. Yes these things mean nothing in the real world but they obviously value him as a prize asset to be protected. I think we could have got more for him had we played hardball - especially as he's currently injured so it wasn't like we were risking upsetting an available squad player at a busy period of the season.
After Neymar every fucker at Barca is getting 1bn release clause.

We know nothing of the negotiations. Txiki isn't going to sit at the table and just have 100m written on a whiteboard. This is a business and it's a good deal.

Just because he's injured it doesn't mean we are going to act like dicks and stick him in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.